Is it a deal breaker if the person you're dating is still living with their parents? Why/why not?

Living with parents
Living with parents

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No it's not. Well it depends on the situation, I'm many cultures it's normal for almost all the family to live in the same house. If they had a bad brake up, divorce or what ever life altering terror then they live home for some time to get back up. If it's a big house and they have their own apartment in the house then sure. Or if there is something up with their parents and they are helping out their parents because of that. If non of the above then I find it strange yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know I'm 26 and live with my grandma I make 3 grand a month and have 2 jobs but still can't afford a place to live it's depressing sometimes

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not at all. I have my own place so he can come over πŸ˜‰

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope because I’m 15

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't care if a girl around my age was still living with her parents as long as she was working on a career and or going to school but I definitely think you should be supporting yourself fully by the time you're 25 so I wouldn't date anyone over that age who lives at home

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it isn't. I think it's pretty smart to stay with your parents until you get a partner. I mean as long as they just do it to save money and not because they're not doing anything (as in no school, motivation, job. Just living off their parents)

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. If it's just lack of ambition or lazy yes. But many other situations are understandable

3|0
    0|0
  • Oh wow you just have it out for me today πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    No, it's not. Do you even realize how bad the housing market is right now? Do I want to go millions into debt just for a one bedroom broom closet?

3|0
    0|0
  • Not really because I live with my parents. It would be cool if he didn't but than it could lead to sex.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, so long as they have a plan for the future and aren't sponging.
    I live at home and pay my way. We live in social housing, so it's affordable. a lot of care work here hasn't been secure over last few years due to budget cuts, so I've worked through agencies. I've saved whatever I could.
    Now I'm in secure work, not long before I'm able to put down a deposit for my own place, while some friends of mine living in private expensive house shares are having to ask parents to pay their rent/in debt, having to put up with housemates who are cunts.

3|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. Everyone has different circumstances. If the reason is they are lazy the yes, it is a deal breaker.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If the parents are horrible people then no, dating that person would be a huge pain. If her parents are wonderful people then I would want to be there every second of my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it would be awkward. What of you want to go to their place and you spend the night, then get up in the morning and run into their parents going to the bathroom or something.

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the reason why. If she is living with them cause she doesn't want to leave or get a job that she can support herself, then big maybe as a Deal breaker. I'll support her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Michael lives with his mother. Wages are low and rents are high
    Wow. If we could live together...
    My daughter wouldn't call him dad. He's only 13 years older than her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really.
    Wouldn't make a difference.
    Isn't the living arrangement I'm dating.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not at all its a struggle to make a living for yourself now. As long as they work and are making an effort to move on with there life im ok

2|0
    0|0
  • Not unless they’re mooching and not being productive in some way.

2|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't bother me, I mostly date younger girls so it's still pretty normal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I think 25 plus is my limit to someone still living with their parents, if I can get out ANYONE can

1|1
    0|0
  • It would be if they were completely depending on their parents, but if not, then no.

2|0
    0|0
  • I live by mysel&, own my home home on the warwe with a pool, so I always have a private house where I can take my girl. We can fuck at our hearts content and nobody will bother us.

0|0
    0|1
  • No me and my man still live with my mom until we become financially stable

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the reason why their still living at home

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel this is more of a concern for women. They’d prefer the guy to live on their own already.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes at my age I expect adults to function like adults. If they aren't independent I'm not interested

1|0
    0|0
  • No. My fiancee was still living with her Mum and sister when I first met her. It was down to not being able to afford a place of her own rather than anything else. It's becoming more common here in the UK that average ages for buying or renting property have gone up due to the cost. It would be a deal breaker of the person wasn't very independent and still relied on/got their parents to do everything for them. Big difference between sharing a home but leading your own life and having not moved on from the kind of situation you had when you were a kid.

2|0
    0|0
  • No that's not a problem most females in their early twenties can afford to move out.

1|0
    0|0
  • No , only concern is that of her age or why she lives with them...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'm too old to be told we have to keep the bedroom door open while we hang out lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Not to me, as long as i am not living with my parents as well.😁😁
    We need some place for privacy

1|0
    0|0
  • It's cool.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's smart.

3|0
    0|0
  • depending on how old

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends why she's living with them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I want a girl that has a stable life

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i avoid lazy men

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't bother me