Are you okay with having interracial relationship?

Preferences vary and love knows no bound.

Also, I've never seen a black man date white woman, no sexism, I just wonder if guys are more acceptable in this direction?Are you okay with having interracial relationship?

2441

Most Helpful Guys

• Speaking as a white guy who seriously dated not only two African-American women but a gal from Japan, I hardly see a problem with it. Indeed, where there was once a social stigma that attached to it, that is long gone.

In terms of my relationship with the two African-American women, both were fun, intelligent and - particularly with one of them - very sexy. I was, in fact, sure I was in love with one gal and even thought about proposing. However, it turned out that she did not share my feelings.

The relationship with the gal from Japan was a bit more complicated. Culture matters and there were not a few miscommunications because what I would hear was not necessarily what she was saying - and vice versa.

For example, saying "no" in Japanese culture is not a flat out matter. So I would, for example, propose going to the movies. She would reply, "How about we go to mall?" For her, she was saying "no" to the movies. To me, it sounded like she was suggesting other ideas, and not that she did not want to go to the movies.

Suffice to say, that caused not a few problems, though never really any arguments. It was fascinating in its way, but it made a long lasting relationship problematic.

As it turned out, she wanted to go back to Japan. She did and is, last I heard, now a member of the Japanese parliament. (We both worked - and I guess we both still do - in politics.) Still, I enjoyed her company and really cared about her.

Bottom line, what MAY - but does not necessarily - matter in an interracial relationship has more to do with culture than skin color. In principle, there is nothing wrong with interracial relationships and, as my own experience shows, they are as normal - and as complicated - as any other relationship between a man and a woman.

• Yea I'm okay with that.
    My first girlfriend was black
    I fell in love with an Indian girl
    And I've dated a Hispanic/Latina

I don't care about race. i care about the girl.

Most Helpful Girls

• You've never seen a black man date a white woman? Where do you live? It can't be the West because it is incredibly common for black men dating white women here.

Anyway who in this day and age would have an issue with interracial relationships? If anyone out there does have an issue, do yourself a favour and get a hobby.

• 7d

Agreed. .. she might be living under a rock maybe

• 6d

I see wellm like I mentioned some places in the U. K ain't as divided as America.. We got a lot of groups roamin around these lands, but they don't mix, and if they do it's mostly wit "White" people.. But yeah I see a lot of South Asians in the U. K.. And naw South Asians outnumber Arabs by 1 million at least.. Arabs are like less than 1% of our population...

• 4d

@JDavid25 I'm quite surprised to hear that. I honestly thought it was Arabs- you learn something new everyday eh

• I'm mixed myself (half-white and half-black). I've been white guys, a black guy, Indian and Filipinos. I'm now currently dating a white guy.

I do have a racial preference (I prefer white guys) but I still don't based my relationships on someone's race.