I’m going in my first date ever!!! How do I make it a good one?

We’re going to the movies + dinner, any tips?
I’m going in my first date ever!!! How do I make it a good one?

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Just go with the flow. But remember the whole point of a date is conversation and it’s the main thing. So just talk about your guy’s passions. When you ask someone about what their passionate about (hobbies, their job, etc.) you get an idea of what type of person they are. And when someone talks about their passions they kinda have a really nice glow to them. So just be yourself and have fun. Don’t be afraid to get deep. (If this is casual dating then be less deep lol)

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Unless you really know this guy a first date should always be something small like coffee, a walk in the park or museum, or people watching downtown or something. If you don't have chemistry why suffer through a movie and dinner with that person? If you do know the guy then I guess have fun!

2|2
    0|0
  • Movies isn't best idea. You have to sit quietly next to a stranger gor 2 hours, can ne awkward.
    Maybe try something more interactive, or just dinner for 1st date

1|1
    0|0
    • lol i know, im kinda shy though, so i think thats why he said movies but we can talk on the way there and stuff so hopefully its ok

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Look your best, arrive on time or earlier and get to know each other :) Have fun

1|0
    0|0
  • At your age. It really doesn't matter. 18 year old boys will do pretty much what ever you tell them. It will be next to impossible for you to mess this up. Just turn up, look nice, and be yourself.

1|1
    0|0
    • He’s 25 lol but thanks

• make sure you show plenty of interest in the other person. listening isn't about waiting for your turn to talk. Its a brilliant opportunity to show the other person respect as well as help you discover more about them.
    But avoid the Spanish inquisition. your trying to establish a connection, not explore deep-seated personal issues. its a date, not a therapy session.
    If the conversation starts getting to heavy and you sense your moving into deep uncharted waters, bring things back to shallow waters by changing the subject. It might help to have a couple of questions prepared in advance to drop into the conversation at an appropriate time.
    Which ever questions you use make sure that you have some. There is nothing more damaging to your confidence than long periods of uncomfortable silence.

You want to make an effort without appearing to have made too much of an effort.

things to avoid.
    bad breath
    turning up late
    body odour
    talking about ex-partners
    never asking about the other person
    moaning about your health and life in general. .

0|0
    0|0
    • Just stay positive be yourself on the date. it doesn't matter you have nothing in common. Not many do have things in common anyway.

• Oh goodness... please have fun... enjoy the experience and his company... share what amases you about the world ... expect him to listen and be interested in your. Voice how you feel. And if he don't listen know you will find someone better

1|1
    0|0
  • Keep it Casual, Convo Light and Sweet and No Talk of a Real Relationship. xx

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't go too fast and if he is buying everything just pay for one thing ie snacks at a movie to show your interested
    good luck

1|2
    0|0
  • The best dates is the one you don't plan, you can have a overall idea what to do but nothing sett in stone

1|2
    0|0
  • Just be ur self and have fun, wear something comfortable that u would wear on date.

Dont dress too skimpy clothes if you are planning a future with him because he will not appreciate you

1|1
    0|0
  • Make sure to touch him progressively more during the date and maybe you'll get a kiss by the end and avoid becoming just friends afterwards.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't go to the movie. You won't be able to talk to each other. Have some fun though 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • movies is a bad idea because you can’t talk to them and get to know them but dinner seems nice

1|0
    0|0
  • Just enjoy the date.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes... enjoy yourselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just have fun is the first priority

1|2
    0|0
  • wear something sexy and be yourself :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Why do you have 3 k’s in your name?

0|0
    0|0
    • lol it was random and i found oitnwhat it meant ages after but i can't change it😑😓

• Be sure and give him a BJ in the car so that you guarantee yourself a a second date.

0|1
    0|2

Recommended myTakes