Taking a girl out (during daytime) in a foreign small and boring town?

I've been chatting (voice and audio calls also) with this girl for few months. Few days ago we practically started our romantic relationship. We want to meet and make it official. I'll stay for 2 days in a small and boring town where she is and use that time to spend with her.
I'm wondering where should I take her when there's almost nothing interesting in that town. There are some ruins of a medieval fortress where we can walk for around 10 minutes. There are few restaurants and coffee shops but I don't know which are decent. Also in our religion now is a fasting period during which we eat only vegan food, so the options are even fewer.
Any advices?
Thanks in advance.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Take her to that fortress, plan for a vegan picnic, rent bikes and visit the town together, go to the forest surrounding the town and just walk while talking, it will help you get to know eachother better, light a fire if you can in the afternoon and have some grilled marshmallows, take speakers with you for music, just enjoy eachother's company, there's nothing better than a small town for that. You can stargaze at night if the sky is clear.
    Good luck!

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I'm considering a vegan picnic in the park by the fort or by the river.
      Unfortunately there are no bikes for renting.

• Show All
    • 6d

That region is pretty flat. A nearest hiking spot is too far to get there by foot and none of us drive. Also I don't know the area well.

• 6d

I understand. Although i don't think you actually need a hiking spot to hike. You can just hike anywhere you see it possible. Just be aware of the hazards like thiefs and all... take a map with you it always comes in handy. Just walk, you'll be amazed at how much good it'd do you both

• She's probably seen everything in her town a thousand times. Its time with you she wants not a tour of her hometown. Opt for one of the restaurants.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Yeah, I visited my dad's village in Poland, and these girls came over and said, "there's nothing to do here"
      I told them, there is for ME. Than I realized they live here and I don't, and even I didn't wanna see the same places over and over.

• Show All
    • 6d

Than visit the fortress

• 6d

Than go eat somewhere

• Boring is how you make it. I am big believer in it's not the environment (or lack thereof) that makes the experience, but rather the company you have on such an excursion.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she lives in that town, there is nothing you can take her too that she has not already seen. Unless you can drive to something new, you are stuck with trying to think of good and interesting conversation.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

She's visiting her aunt there. She doesn't know the town as well as I don't. So we'll discover together.

• 6d

Well its all gonna be about conversation anyway, the castle idea sounds good. Then when you're done, you can show her the dungeon :)

• a good date is made by you, not by the area you live. get created. maybe do something playful at fun by the ruins. the quality of a date is in the company, not in the place it's at.

0|2
    0|0
  • go to the local mma gym and have a proper knock girl!

0|1
    0|0
  • Have a picnic in the local park and bring some board games.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I'll get there by bus and I'll sleep in a motel. I'll bring a backpack with essentials like some extra clothes, higiene stuff and similar. If it happens that I have enough space for some basic picnic stuff I'll bring that too.

• Show All
    • 6d

You should try that less stress on you feeling like you packed too much. I hope this is a successful date.

• It is what you make of it because at the end of the day, it's not the setting that matters. It is how you make you feel matters. Yea, activities and locales could enhance the experience, but it can also be a crutch that isn't repeatable. Focus on the activities and conversation topics that make you entertained regardless of setting. Remember, she is there for you, not whatever you guys are going to be doing or where you're going to be. If works out, it is because you made an impression, not what you guys did or where you were.

On another note, a foreign town could be interesting no matter how small. If you open your mind and reach back to your childhood curiosity, you'll be surprised how much you can find there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Check with your Chick.
    Be Safe, bae. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it would be better if she came to YOUR town

0|0
    0|0
  • That is pretty difficult. In those time you guys would talk, did you find out her likes and dislikes? For example, does she like hiking? Since I don't know where you are, ( and it’s safest for you not to post publicly where you are) I won’t necessarily know what to do. If it’s during the day and if she likes hiking do it. Or if it’s later in the day, why don’t you take her to a movie or maybe start out in a group setting with your friends doing something then take her out to a vegan restaurant just you two. A party would be cool too.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I know her basic likes and dislikes.
      A long walk by the river on which the town is will be nice.
      That area is flat and there are no hiking areas, but there is a walkway by the river. I don't know the area well and there are no attractions even outside the town so we won't leave the town.
      There are no cinemas.
      We don't have any friends there except she has her aunt (she's currently staying with her aunt).
      And there are no vegan restaurants. Just simple local restaurants with local and European cuisine. I guess we'll find something vegan on the menu. We are not club/party type of people and even if we were I doubt there are any nice places.
      Most if not all "nightlife" places there are local bars full of drunk and problematic people.

• 6d

Then, a good idea is to take a walk then take her to a cafe or restaurant. Even the most simplest things can be romantic. The important thing is the conversation. Talk about things you guys are passionate about and then the date will go really well.

Recommended myTakes