Girls, Do you mind if your boyfriend is not as smart as you? Is this common?

Do you mind if your boyfriend is NOT as smart as you?

18

What Girls Said 18

• My boyfriend is WAY smarter than I am. I dated someone before who was a bit dimwitted, and to be honest it was a bit annoying. But they don't have to be as smart as me. Just to be able to have real conversations.

• Even if you're not as smart as me, just try not to be a moron at least

• It’s ok

• Oh hell no. I'm not dating a brain dead zombie. And no, good looks won't save him either.

I need interesting, intellectual conversation please. And he needs common sense too! That is a must!!!

I'm not saying he has to be brilliant or have a doctrine, just witty and interesting enough to keep up with me, and solve some problems on his own.

• It's a bit like that with me and my husband, Maths, English, sciences things like that he would always say to the boys ask your mum about that. Then there's things he really knows his stuff with so it works out fine with us.

• I don’t mind at all. I mean, I don’t want him to have low intelligence but I don’t care if he’s not as smart as I am in all areas. Plus, I think intelligence is more broad than that. I think there’s many different kinds of intelligence and everyone is better or worse with different kinds.

• I don't mind I. Don't want him to be odly stupid but I want someone that interests me and someone I love and intelligence doesn't much of a role in that for me I am quite smart but I think my boyfriend is smarter

• Yes totally. A relationship is sharing and supporting each other. I know my stuff and he ask questions while he fixes my car cause I’m terrible at it 😂

• That's fine, but me needs to have basic common sense. And he shouldn't be ignorant.

• well if they are just dumb then yes but if i can have a conversation with him without feeling like they have no idea what I’m saying then it’s fine

• I need someone who is intelligent but they don't have to be a neurosurgeon.

• I don't evaluate a person like that. I'm not sure if he is as smart as me but he turns me on.

• Im pretty dumb so I'd hope not

• I’ll not date a man dumber than me.

• Yes I dont mind

• Yes I do mind. He should match me

• Not at all. I actually had a guy that didn't know what the word "gloomy" meant even when used in a sentence.

• Yes i do. I like interesting guys. If he doesn't mindfuck me i'll let him go.