Would you say women want to be in relationships more than men?

Do women want to be in relationships more than men?

18

What Guys Said 18

• No question that being i in a relationship is, on average, a higher priority for women than for men. Obviously there are exceptions, and a fairly large percentage of them at maybe 15-20%, but overall, it's much more important to women than men.

There are also male exceptions to this rule, if that wasn't clear, and again, a fairly large percentage of them, but the rule is still largely true.

• Yes, guys want to have sex and to "embrace a woman's beauty and sexuality," girls want an emotional connection primarily (sex generally secondary). This means that guys will get into a relationship to have sex, while girls will have sex to be in a relationship/ stay in a relationship.

• I feel like women need more validation than men. Doesn't necessarily mean from a relationship. It can be from friends or social media. But that's what most woman really want is to gossip and to feel heard and validated. As far as relationships go. I'd say it's about equal. Depends on the individual.

• By my experience, No!
    There are girls who does want any relationship , not even friendship, my sis and her friends are something like that.
    And I asked many girls out but never got yes😅😅😅😅.
    So I came on this community.

• Yes. Humans do not generally thrive on their own but relationship and family building is a self esteem thing for women in a way that perhaps is not so true for many men.

• No men are the ones that approach and chase we are the thirsty pathetic ones if guys didn't approach which we shouldn't anymore there wouldn't be any relationships i dont think

• 5d

I was working with a guy who had a girlfriend at the time. They broke up maybe this fall. I think I should wait it out assuming he just got out of One. Should I give him time and focus on my life and contact him at a later date?

• 5d

Seems like u got it figured out good luck

• 5d

I personally would not want to be with someone right after they broke up with an ex I’d wait awhile lol

• In my country they sound that way; but in places in the USA, where feminists seem to have an especially loud voice, I get the impression that the opposite is true.

• 100% yes. Women can't handle being single. Men get nothing out of a relationship.

• I don't know, there are lot of very desperate guys on here

• Yup. Most women need that constant attention and validation in their lives, most men don't.

• More pressure is put on women to find that relationship and have kids

• Lol yes. Is this a serious post?

• Seems so

• 7d

• 7d

My gut tells me to wait even if I do want to talk to him

• 7d

Yeah you should wait you don't want to tread on what may be thin ice

• Relationship over hook up yeah.

• No. I think they both want something specific.

Women want a security blanket. If they have that without the relationship and feel comfortable then they’re fine.

Guys want an intimate acceptance. If they have that without the relationship the they’re fine.

• My answer pertains to the US and the west here. It's not that men don't or wouldn't want to be in a relationship, it's the laws, the treatment, the system and how men are viewed that keeps men from wanting to be in a relationship. Men are not even treated as second class.

• I don’t think so. Most woman are already surrounded by love while it’s harder for most men to find a great relationship. So I don’t think they are as desperate as men

• Yes, because relationships benefit women more than men.