Which gender has the highest standards in looks?

#MenVsWomen #WomenVsMen #Beauty #Attraction

My Opinion:
In dating men are more visual and tends to go for beautiful women, while women tends to go for average or ugly men. In theory women are more picky than men because pregnancy is a lot of work and impregnation aren't - evolutionary. Good looks may symbolize health and good genes. But women also often wants a good provider and an intelligent man. Since women value other rare traits (personality, intelligence) more and good looks are rare, therefor women often ends up with an average guy instead of a looker in reality. Pretty women are more common than handsome men, so men can more easily pick a pretty chick. So in theory women would care more and be more selective, but in practice women seems to care less about looks than men. Good for them since there are very few handsome men anyway.
Which gender has the highest standards in looks?
  • Men (Explain Why)
    Vote A
  • Women (Explain Why)
    Vote B
  • Equal (Explain Why)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
5d
If women have way higher standards in looks, why do extremely many women date old overweight unattractive guys then? Often women dates old unattractive guys, while average or below men dates pretty and young women.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Women have higher standards overall, and anyone who has been within earshot of such convos or has female friends and relatives knows this also applies to looks, which includes height.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is research done by OkCupid as well as tinder on the subject.
    Females rated 80% of men as below average, while men rated 50" of women as below average.
    That means that the men are much closer to the true mathematical average, which means their expectations are much more realistic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both genders because both genders who are shallow and lustful besides immature go after somebody because of looks. Every guy who did that to me with disrespect I turned down pronto. Its all about selfishness and what you believe in. I don't, so I thank God I don't treat men differently because of shallow things like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men have slightly higher standard and I think it's due to the fact the some women (especially older) have other priorities than just looks, they would care for the situation of the man (to be sure to get a stable life if they're looking to marry) and personality and depending on which is the moist important to her (looks, situation or personality) she can go date an ugly guy (if personality or situation is most important).

0|0
    0|0
  • Women, because men are way more attractive than women are.

0|0
    2|2
    • 5d

Most men I've seen looks extremely unattractive. There are way more decent looking women out there than men.

• Show All
    • 5d

Most of the men in my country aren't uncultivated. Most of them have good education, jobs and knowledge, but they just doesn't look good appearance wise. It's their facial features.

• 5d

Physical cultivation you know.

• I know many men who will sleep with any women who let them. They do not care if she is attractive or hideous. If she is willing to let them in her bed, they are willing to join her. I only know one woman who has standards that low.

0|0
    0|0
  • How is this even a question? Yes, there are anamolies, but by and large, men take the cake when it comes to visual stimulation. This is very, very evident if you take even a moment to watch the world do what it does.

Look up NCBI's "Sex Differences in Response to Visual Sexual Stimuli: A Review." We've looked in to this stuff already.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men. If a man doesn't find a woman physically attractive then he would have a hard time getting an erection and without a solid erection you can't have sex much less good sex.

0|0
    2|1
    • 6d

Women rape men, men sleep with women they find unattractive. So obviously what you said is not the case.

• 6d

@Americanteengirl: I'm assuming he is talking about relationship wise and trust me if a man personally doesn't find a woman attractive he won't be in a relationship with her.

• 6d

Well duh talking about both things. And no, I’ve seen lots of guys dating unattractive women. Like I said, you guys have low standards when it comes to looks.

• I'm regards to casual sex: women. In regards to relationships: men

1|1
    1|0
  • Women. I know too many men that are with less than average looking women. Most men can't afford to be that picky when it comes to looks.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

From my experience it's quite the opposite. Almost all of the women I knows dates average or below guys, while most men dates women looking better than themselves.

• 5d

Yeah it can vary depending on who you know and what you see daily.

• Women have the more specific standards, but they aren't objectively higher.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah women don't care about men's looks! that's probably why all male celebrities are virgins

0|0
    0|0
  • Men because they are more sexual beings.

1|1
    0|2
    • 6d

I'd argue thats why some of us men have lower standards as some men just want sex and couldnt care less about how she looks.

• Obviously men lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Women

0|1
    0|0
  • Women because they are the gatekeepers

0|1
    0|0
  • Men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women men’s standards are low

0|0
    0|1
  • My standards are very high

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually looking for a woman slightly less attractive than me now.
    I had a hot one before, it was a hard relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's already been a study on this. woman care more about looks even though most won't admit it

0|2
    0|0
  • Women seem like they don’t but they first care about the appearance.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes