Would you be able to date yourself?

Would you be able to date someone that is just like You? Why or why not?

I know I wouldn't. I need someone who is the opposite to balance me out
Would you be able to date someone that is just like you?
  • If my s/o was just like me, that would be a perfect relationhip
  • If my s/o was just like me, that would not last
  • I haven't got a clue
    Vote C

4849

Most Helpful Guys

• There might be issues. Overall, I think, yes... but not knowing how either of us would necessarily handle specifics about shyness, flirting, etc, I can't tell if it would get off the ground or not. If I found a female version of me...
    has a career, but very little money. Very little power or influence over ANYONE. Kind of shy, until they get to know someone. Very silly. Loves kids. Loves animals. Kind of random. Sense of humor. A bit messy. I suppose it would depend on how willing "either of us" was to dating the other. How I viewed her, or she viewed me. I might look at her messyness and just be turned off to dating her if it was the wrong time. My cars have always up till recently been messy. Lately, my last car is getting that way, but it salvagable.

I think the female version of me, if she was interested and showed it, I think it'd be enough to hit that spark, if I was attracted to her.

• I wouldn't say it would be a perfect relationship, but it would be better than dating the complete opposite of me. There are some traits of mine that I'd like in a partner of the same magnitude, there are others that I'd like to be more exaggerated in my partner, others less exaggerated, and yet others not present at all.

A perfect example is that I tend to need to "recharge my batteries" often and I prefer the company of those I'm familiar with--but I'm not socially awkward and am quite assertive. I'm something of an ambivert, while I'd prefer a partner who was a textbook introvert: shy, timid, passive, a bit awkward--the works.

• That's interesting. I'm an ambivert and very unconfident and I would rather someone who is extroverted and very confident.

Most Helpful Girls

• no, its not cause im not a good a person, i like weird people. its just im not one to make the first move, if i were to date myself i would never make the first move never make the first text, cause i need a lot to prove to me that my love interest is interested in me.

im also kinda interested in guys that for some reason project dominance... like they don't talk about how they feel a lot unless its someone they trust, like i know they can handle themselves but choose to be with me... so i guess ill work on that XD

but i also like guys that are confidently themselves, and not easily impressionable... they don't make others do their dirty work for them and they are honest and don't hurt other's trust... so id be iffy on dating myself and it wouldn't last (lol i need to start working on myself XD)

• Oh hell no. I'd break up with myself after a few hours 😂

I'm stubborn, obtuse, not sappy or emotional, like my space, a bedhog, and don't ask me to share my food, lol.

Nah, I'm really not that bad. I definitely couldn't stand being around myself too long though.