Would you be able to date yourself?

Would you be able to date someone that is just like You? Why or why not?

I know I wouldn't. I need someone who is the opposite to balance me out
Would you be able to date someone that is just like you?
Would you be able to date someone that is just like you?
  • If my s/o was just like me, that would be a perfect relationhip
    Vote A
  • If my s/o was just like me, that would not last
    Vote B
  • I haven't got a clue
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• There might be issues. Overall, I think, yes... but not knowing how either of us would necessarily handle specifics about shyness, flirting, etc, I can't tell if it would get off the ground or not. If I found a female version of me...
    has a career, but very little money. Very little power or influence over ANYONE. Kind of shy, until they get to know someone. Very silly. Loves kids. Loves animals. Kind of random. Sense of humor. A bit messy. I suppose it would depend on how willing "either of us" was to dating the other. How I viewed her, or she viewed me. I might look at her messyness and just be turned off to dating her if it was the wrong time. My cars have always up till recently been messy. Lately, my last car is getting that way, but it salvagable.

I think the female version of me, if she was interested and showed it, I think it'd be enough to hit that spark, if I was attracted to her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it would be a perfect relationship, but it would be better than dating the complete opposite of me. There are some traits of mine that I'd like in a partner of the same magnitude, there are others that I'd like to be more exaggerated in my partner, others less exaggerated, and yet others not present at all.

A perfect example is that I tend to need to "recharge my batteries" often and I prefer the company of those I'm familiar with--but I'm not socially awkward and am quite assertive. I'm something of an ambivert, while I'd prefer a partner who was a textbook introvert: shy, timid, passive, a bit awkward--the works.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's interesting. I'm an ambivert and very unconfident and I would rather someone who is extroverted and very confident.

Most Helpful Girls

• no, its not cause im not a good a person, i like weird people. its just im not one to make the first move, if i were to date myself i would never make the first move never make the first text, cause i need a lot to prove to me that my love interest is interested in me.

im also kinda interested in guys that for some reason project dominance... like they don't talk about how they feel a lot unless its someone they trust, like i know they can handle themselves but choose to be with me... so i guess ill work on that XD

but i also like guys that are confidently themselves, and not easily impressionable... they don't make others do their dirty work for them and they are honest and don't hurt other's trust... so id be iffy on dating myself and it wouldn't last (lol i need to start working on myself XD)

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell no. I'd break up with myself after a few hours 😂

I'm stubborn, obtuse, not sappy or emotional, like my space, a bedhog, and don't ask me to share my food, lol.

Nah, I'm really not that bad. I definitely couldn't stand being around myself too long though.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• They say opposites attract! You know why? Because it would be boring to date someone just like yourself. I mean don't get me wrong.. I still want someone who binge watches Netflix with classy cheap wine!

2|2
    0|0
  • Definitely. I behave in a relationship the way I'm expecting to be behaved with, and I adjust my behavior depending on people and situations, so that would be just ideal for me and it would be impossible to get bored of each other given how many hobbies I have. It would be a win for me from every perspective.

1|0
    0|0
  • sounds like a great idea! we can both share our morbid, pessimistic, and fatalistic views on the world during dinner time. we can both indulge ourselves in our own self-pity. sounds like a hot relationship waiting for sparks to happen.

1|0
    0|0
    • any female and male twins out there? not that they'd date. that would be weird.

• Nope no way no how. I am too big of an asshole, stubborn, Not very forgiving, everything must be my way, I'm too obsessive, controlling. So I need someone that is completely opposite of me. The yin and yang thing.

My ex-wife was just like me. All we did was fight and tried to ruin each other life. Not very healthy relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I guess or I'd at least give it a try.

Thinking about being with someone who's just like me, seems kind of cool, as long as they were attractive to me and the opposite gender, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • The best situation is where you’re similar enough to be into the same things yet different enough to form different opinions. If you were dating a carbon copy of yourself things would be boring. No new thoughts or ideas would come up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already dating my left hand and occasionally cheat on it with my side chick, my right hand.

1|1
    0|0
  • Connect and shared experiences matter to me more than any other thing. And for relationships to thrive, mutal respect, positive personality score well above the rest.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean I love myself but... Gosh dating me would SUCK. Just like you said, I'd need someone too balance me out

1|0
    0|0
  • I could be best friends with myself, but I could never date myself. I'm too emotionally unavailable, sarcastic and affectionately needy.

1|0
    0|0
  • You bet! We're gonna have loads of fun together! <3

1|1
    0|0
  • yea I already am

Would you be able to date yourself?

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, not exactly as me, I would prefer some complementary things.
    But I would like she has my imagination and my love for life, at least, it would be great.

1|0
    0|0
  • i'd get aggravated with myself once in a while but other than that, could make crafts together, play videogames, cuddle, watch anime, take turns cooking, and make cosplay

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel bad about being in a relationship now, lol. Glad my guy can put up with my bullshit. If I dated someone just like me, it wouldn't last.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated a girl that was exactly like me. Needless to say, it didn't work out too well.

2|0
    0|0
  • No way. I'm way to insecure and easily angered to ever want to date myself. I feel bad enough for the guys who've dated me in the past as it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • A big NO😂 I think I'm awesome but I like variety and I tend to fall for people a lot different than me

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I would have no patience for myself and get on my nerves.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, because I don't want a girly guy:)
    now, if I were a guy I would date myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not I’m kind of demanding I’d like her have similar interest personality no accept being positive and confident.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess, there are definitely some ways I would prefer she be different than me, in some ways oppisets attract

2|0
    0|0
  • Assuming I’m not dating my physical self... lol
    A girl that was just like me inside might not be a perfect match, but I think it could last.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you could date something you hate so no I think I'm a horrible partner

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, because dating is not for me and I hate myself :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sometimes afraid I might be the only person who could date myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Most guys I have been With, Had to Shar Something with Being like Me. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be kinda of boring.. and I'll try to take advantage of me haha.. not in a bad way but I don't know..

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It would b fun if i met same personality. Same choices, decisions which will lead to mutual interaction.

1|0
    0|0
  • sure, but I rather have someone to make laugh...(: I go on dates with myself sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love myself but not the point that I want to date myself

1|0
    0|0
  • To similar and the relationship would not work because you would be weak where one should be strong. But other then that then yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't imagine I could put up with someone so stubborn and odd like me

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really my female version would be flat and ugly lol

1|0
    0|0
  • If I dated someone like me, we'd both be suspicious of each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat. But I would need something to offset me as well

1|0
    0|0
  • If I could date me it would be a peaceful and amazing relationship at the same time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I could. Having the same interests and likes or lifestyle can be something great to bond over and do as a couple.
    I feel the polar oposite of me would repel. I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, because I'm too clingy right now and have a lot of insecurities

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you kidding i know you got yo love your self but dating i don't think so

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, since woman don't date me why not.
    I tell you the truth. I will try.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of guys date themselves, it's called their right hand.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because we'd never ask eachother out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm awesome.

1|1
    0|0
  • Oh gosh no. I'd drive myself insane.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm more into people who aren't the same as me

1|0
    0|0
  • Opposites attract.