True or false: the biggest reason people these days have bad experiences of dating or aren’t interested is because they have unrealistic expectations?
What Girls & Guys Said1210
To some extent, but I think a lack of compatibility is a greater reason.
Yes, AND no. Yes, depending on what is unrealistic. No, because from what I see is simply these reasons:
1. They don't know what they want or desire for the future.
2. They're having premarital sex.
3. They date out of loneliness
4. They don't take anything seriously in life.
5. They're very selfish.
6. They don't know what relationships and marriages entitled. Yes, marriage is related.
7. They refuse to change
8. They think dating is all fun and games and about them all the time. When it's not. It's serious business. And the other person has needs too.
Like one person here said, lack of compatibility. People are too busy worrying about their favorite TV shows, favorite music, hobbies, and other things that are irrelevant, that they don't want to talk about politics, religion, children, abortion, family, sex, marriage, basically anything that is related to Life Choices. They think, that the moment the person shares their favorite song, or they watch the same TV show that means they should date. Meanwhile come to find out one is in a cult, the other one has family issues, the other having sex with so many people, while the other one want to wait until marriage to have sex. That's is a major sign of incompatibility. Well unrealistic expectations has to do with shallowness of the physical body, materialistic things, money and personality.
Honestly i think it's because a lot of people rush nowadays, they expect things from the get go and obviously they will never get what they need because they didn't take time to get to know the person. I think people just jump in relationships too quick
I think it's more complex than that, but sure that's one possible factor.
We also have to consider that in the past people had less freedom and less choice. I don't know about you, but that's not exactly something I want to go back to.
This is more common in teenagers age 16 - 19. Those that do this get so consumed by assuming that the world owes them their dream man/woman that they end up bitter incels and femcels that hate they opposite gender.
Yes. I think it's a combination between:
1. Unrealistic expectations thanks to how the perfect relationships are shown in movies, TV-shows etc. In real life there's a lot of arguing, boring tasks, commitment and doing things you don't like. It's not only having fun and be careless. You've a partner and a family to take care of.
2. The hook up culture. Casual sex, make out etc. with someone you meets on a bar/club/party are more socially accepted now. So less people are into hard work and arguing, but more into sex and pleasure. The rule: "No sex before marriage" isn't popular anymore.
I would say that's part of it in the very least. I think in part that is due to the culture wanting everything too look like the magazines or tv when it won't more than likely in real life.
No, I don't think so. Everyone likes different things. One of the main reasons is lack of commitment. People just want the fun aspect of it but they don't want to commit.
The biggest reason for bad experiences in dating is incompatibility combined with an unwillingness to have fun anyway. I have gone out, realized that there was nothing there, and decided to have fun anyway. Results: sometimes a friend who introduces me to her friends, at least one of whom is compatible.
The main reasons they aren't interested are too many of the aforementioned bad experiences, a really traumatic relationship, or reading about/seeing other people's bad relationships or experiences.
I have very basic expectations and haven’t had luck, so it’s not that.
Most guys will say true while a lot of women will say false. That alone should tell you a lot.
They try to make it work too hard.
If you are not compatible don't force it. Choice is everything.
Yes i believe so because i have some too but am not far from reality😅 #blametheworld
yes and no of course there are other factors but i think its a main one
That is a good reason.
Partly true yes
No, the biggest reason is the culture of hookups and the lack of commitment which leads to treating everyone like a throwaway plastic object you have fun with and then you throw them away when you no longer want them.
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.