What does it say about a significant other who is trying to change their partner in ways their partner does not want to?

I have a friend who's partner is making him give up several things like his gaming, social drinking, social smoking, etc. Things that are not big deals in entertainment. His partner is completely uptight and tries to control every aspect of his life which includes his own friends. I am not sure if it is jealousy, however, I have overheard about how she did not even trust any of his friends and began to attempt at limiting who he hangs out with and when. A big issue to this is the fact that he loves her so much that he sometimes caves into her demands while at the same time becomes frustrated. I have read about OCPD in which it infringes upon relationships due to a controlling behavior of how "things must be" mentality. I want to get to the bottom of this and understand what is currently present in this situation and if anyone has the experience of something like this.

03