Is one month of dating too soon for a guy to say "I love you" to me?

Is one month of dating too soon for a guy to say I love you to me?
Is one month of dating too soon for a guy to say I love you to me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my husband said it after two weeks of dating and we are now coming up on our 4 yr anniversary. Only thing I can say was even tho we did feel an intense connection that led us to feel that way it took about a year of living together to know it was a love that meant we wanted forever with each other. And to know we would still love each other through the bad days and not just the good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don’t think love happens that fast. Soo would be surprised and get cautious because a month is too soon to say something like that, you are just getting to know each other and in a month is just not enough!

1|0
    0|0
  • No. there is no time limit to say the 3 magic words... You say it when you most mean it and felt it...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all. it doesnt' mean he likes you or knows you enough to be compatible.
    It's kinda confusing hugh:) your translation of love may be different than his. Love to you means he is yours, always and forever. lvoe to him means, you make him feel love and giving you himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending. Some catch strong feelings quick, while others are just saying it. But this happens to both genders, so it’s nothing new. Just keep an eye out, but remember: a guy can say this after a year of dating and not have good intentions. It all depends on the person.

1|1
    0|0
  • I learned something important a girl told me once she said that I love you are just words and it's shouldn't matter when u say it cause nothing real changes from when u say it before you said it it's more about the feeling more than anything so she said if the feeling is right then that's when and if jot then just say what you feel when it feels right

1|0
    0|0
  • honestly even if you were hanging out all day for the entire month its probably still too soon. Everyone is different with that kind of stuff, but a month is really only a month even if it feels longer.

1|1
    0|0
  • This ain't a guy, this is a rat... it makes me laugh how the girls always portrait the picture of a guy on his knees begging to a woman like a slave and she's the mistress who's always refusing...

I better brake my knees instead of kneeing for anyone other than god.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, maybe not. Emotions don't really follow rules so you have to decide it yourself. In that month have you spent a lot of time together? Has it been great? Is the connection or ther chemistry strong? It's all subjective

1|0
    0|0
  • No it is not. A few decades ago people were engaged and even married in that time-frame. Of course these days we fuck around like crazy, stigmatize people with fast strong feelings and then bitch about commitment and divorce rates.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's pretty soon, but I think it would be soon whether it was a guy or a girl. It takes longer than a month to know if you love someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love doesn’t happen overnight. Many people get their brains addled with hormones and jump right to announcing it when they’re actually experiencing *limerance*. Limerance is when you want the other person to reciprocate your desire; you want the other person to do something for *you*. It’s a crush or infatuation. Love is much more profound and a lot less exciting. When love occurs, you’d do something sacrificial or unpleasant for the other person, like giving up or delaing your education for theirs, moving away from family, helping the other person fulfill an obligation (financial or maybe taking care of a sick relative), etc., because the other person is that important to you. I’m sure it could happen within a month, but it’s definitely not the norm.

1|0
    0|0
  • It honestly depends on how deep your relationship has gone! Sometimes it can be to much.. sometimes it’s mutual love at first sight!

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the intensity of emotions and how much time you've both spent together. Maybe you're not really massively crushing on him as much as he's on you. Hon, unless you feel the same way, don't lead him on.

And I think "I like you" would be more appropriate considering the time frame but who am I to judge, I just hope he's not exaggerating his feelings.

Like its a true fact that women's emotions are more intense than men. Moreover, books tell that language centres in men's brain are less compared to women. Meaning they've a slight difficulty in finding the right word (that's what I think, don't hate me boys) so maybe he meant "like" but said "love"...

0|0
    0|0
  • he's just no god like status in making you felt like this. Men have to get a real vibe off a girl to see if the girl is bout it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit odd how that works, the more I like someone, the more carefull I am about saying it. I'd say it if the circumstances were right and the relationship is stable

0|0
    0|0
  • To me yes too soon.
    When infatuation starts to fade and comfort comes in both of you will see things more clearly.

1|0
    0|0
  • One month?
    "I love you" does not come out of my mouth for at least a year.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, i mean if he feels that way, then he does and he can't control it. If you aren't ready to say it, then explain that to him.

0|1
    0|0
  • When asked to show emotions she says too early? "Guys aren't in touch with their emotions like females" is what I hear, that's just my experience. But he could be, should test him on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, usually takes me 4-6 months. Infatuation and excitement needs to wear off

0|0
    0|0
  • If you love him, why are you asking this question? If you don't love him, why are you still in a relationship with him?

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no "set dates" for when is too soon. Don't be that person who thinks about it in terms of power.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, one month of dating is too soon to say "I love you" to you.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't know, I guess if you feel the same then you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him to test yours and his faithfulness this summer

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's weird and desperate

0|1
    0|1
  • Nope not if he really means it

0|0
    0|0
  • Love has no time limit

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend told me he loves me after a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Too soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, it depends but it's early

0|0
    0|0
  • Its about what you feel, not to say

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel like I love him too because I almost slipped up and told him several times before he said “I love you”

• One month? That's too long for me lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends... how intense is the dating?

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean I’d say pretty intense we have already had sex

• Show All
    • Every other day*

• He will say it when he is ready.
      The fact he is talking about the shitty past and that you guys are almost every day with each other is a important sign that he allready loves you

• We'd known each other for a long time first. Over a year. And said it the 2nd day of dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had guys tell me they loved me a couple of weeks if that without dating, a month is not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes