Would you date someone that uses recreational drugs on certain occasions?

My boyfriend doesn’t like how I occasionally use like molly or ecstasy when I go to certain concerts or like Coachella I went 2 years ago. I don’t use them at all in my free time he just thinks it’s dumb since I’m officially in law school and have an education and other things he likes to throw in my face. I probably use these things like once a year! Then he mentioned what if I overdosed which I wouldn’t. But I’ll stop for him...

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Lol this site is mostly full of Americans, they won't have a dicky what Molly is...

My advice, ultimately it's your free will to do what you want. But I personally think if your hellbent on a law degree, you should avoid it like the plague.

Then again you lawyers are the ultimate meme, you send people down to porridge for breaking the "law", but are the biggest alcoholics, coke heads, greeners, and happy-charlie Mc-fuckin-muffins to ever come out of mainstream society... Lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Well that escalated I mean I party but ultimately I am dedicated to my career I really have no choice anyways both my parents are lawyers but I separate my doings for the most part. I’ll stop though I’m not willing to lose my boyfriend over it.

• Haha I aim to please...

Your talking to a party animal babe, more so than most would ever comprehend. But the key is to pick your poison carefully, like me, I drink what most would die on, on huge benders. But I never have nor will touch green/white/sniff/lsd etc etc., because I also box and keep myself in very good nick (if I don't mind saying so).

Your guy has the right idea.

• No one plans to overdose. The fact that you are intelligent and don;t plan to overdose does not immunize you from that risk. And if you were arrested on a drug related charge. . . what do you think the board of bar examiners would do when they reviewed your fitness to practice law?

8|4
    0|0
    • Well yea I guess your right. We’re on vacation now with friends for spring break and they use I haven’t done anything specifically because my boyfriend would spazz. But I didn’t think about that.

• Show All
    • So I guess the moral is just try to take the bar exam in Texas

• @Waffles731 That happened in 1894. Hardin claimed to have repented his sins while in prison and had served as the superintendent of his prison Sunday School. He was pardoned by the governor of Texas and his sentence commuted. Hardin was allowed to take the Texas bar exam on the certification of a single Texas circuit judge who was sympathetic to the man.

1. Karma caught up with Hardin as he was killed by a gunshot to the head in a saloon in 1895, little more than a year after his release from prison.

2. This incident does not reflect on bar admission practices today and it is doubtful that any accredited law school would even grant him admission. If he did manage to gain acceptance and he graduated from law school, he would still need to pass the character and fitness requirements of a state board of bar examiners. That process is quite rigorous and the odds of him passing are lower than a snake's belly.

Most Helpful Girls

• I would still date the person yes, but I would advise the person it’s not good for their health, and if they’re in school like yourself just try to be there for them and encourage them through: I cannot control what my spouse wants to do, but it can be dangerous, and it does worry the person on the other side.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally things like getting drunk or high are unattractive to me. They make me think of immaturity lack of creativity or adventure. But I respect that others are different & so in the occasion my husband does get drunk I don’t scold him I just care for him because I love him not just what I like.

0|0
    0|0
    • Welp I’m not immature but again others can think that but I’ve worked hard as hell in school, have my own place, I’m independent, and other things. My choice doesn’t define me specifically if it’s once or twice a year.

• Show All
    • Yea I guess everyone a different

• Is**

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No because there is always the chance of them using them non recreationally (no matter how strong the person if you have something that makes you feel good you are going to want to do that more often), as a crutch for their issues or that fact that them overdosing is always a factor to consider.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've done it before when I was younger, until one time a good friend nearly died. It only takes a bad batch and you could be in trouble! It's really not worth it. My husband has never been into anything like that ever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure I smoke a lot of weed and enjoy a few beers a night I’ve tried Tramadol A few times like once every 2 years go for it I’ve never had molly or E but sure go for it.

That being said meth heron and crack stay away from I won’t date anyone who uses thoughs drug at all, even cock and be controlled but crack no I’ve seen way to many people fuck up there life’s on that.

I’m studying history it would be nice to talk to you about the similarities between law and history

0|0
    0|0
  • Well. He’s right cuz you can ruin your future over this recreational drug use.

You’ve been there done that. Let it go in favor of the future.

1|0
    0|0
  • no way
    a little wine is fine
    a little beer may be ok
    maybe a marajuana brownie or cake

can't think of anything else I'd accept

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I use them occasionally myself.
    Coachella though? Just why 😂😭

0|0
    2|1
    • What’s wrong with Coachella?

• Show All
    • Didn’t know that! But I don’t like techno lol

• I can honestly say I rarely do anything lol

• No. I can't stand being around "recreational" drugs.
    The idea of some drug influencing my mind like that freaks me out.

2|2
    0|0
  • Yeah I am now
    As long as they’re being safe I don’t much care

2|0
    2|0
  • I don’t think I can find anyone that doesn’t where I live lmao. Everybody smokes weed, a lot use xtc, I know many that do coke too (though that’s where I draw a firm line). As long as it’s occasional and stays occasional it’s fine by me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would never date someone who uses recreational drugs. Alcohol is the only thing I would be somewhat okay with but even then I struggle with my own boyfriend having a couple of beers now and then

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Its irresponsible, its impulsive and its stupid. If she where to take those drugs and do something stupid and get arrested, what then? If she where to while high go and cheat on me (whether that be simply making out with some one else or out right sex) what then? She forfeited control to a drug, that is not something that I find desirable in a partner. Its not the role model I would want for my children. The fact is drugs have consequences, it doesn't matter how you use it, the fact that you feel the need to use them would bother me. So no, no I would not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean, it should be like drinking on certain occasions... so I wanna say yes I would date, but I can’t because it just seems different to me😔

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are little pussy bitches when it comes to drugs. Fuck what they think. Live your own life they can’t live it for you.

0|0
    1|0
  • He is just concerned that's normal since it's law school your going to and he does not want you to jelodize it

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I don't like it when girls drink even... Not that it's a deal breaker... It's just nasty af...

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    Se no point in getting that into my life no matter what exuses they have.

2|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. The most drug use I would permit in a partner would be alcohol on special occasions only (not even regularly). Beyond that, even using recreational marijuana once, in the past, would be a deal breaker. That's not to be confused with medicinal hemp (CBD only), which can be excused if she actually has a medical need for it.

Since I value loyalty so highly, I want my partner to be in 100% control of her actions at all times. Psychoactive drug use jeopardizes that. I hold myself to such standards, so it is only fair that my partner do the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I am no fun.
    I have a "If you do any drugs you are out" policy

1|1
    0|0
  • What, like weed? Maybe. Anything other than weed? No.

0|1
    0|0
  • He Just Care and Love you... you should listen to him...

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally I wouldn't date a person who uses drugs.
    But since you're in limit and he seems to be okay, cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Drugs are not cool and can seriously damage you.

1|0
    0|0
  • fuck yeah! me and my girlfriend do recreational drugs occasionally

0|0
    2|0
  • Listen drugs are bad BUT using with friends once in a while is ok

0|0
    1|0
  • No. Sorry. Shows weakness, that’s why.

1|0
    1|0
    • I’m not a weak person but that’s fine

• This at or near the top of my list of dealbreakers.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good for you that means you really care and love him

0|0
    0|0
  • if those are legal, then yeah. otherwise no.

0|0
    1|0
    • Well no they aren’t legal

• Show All
    • I lost a friend to weed that was somehow laced in high school he was a good person! Not sure if that happens often. I plan on stopping pills though for fun... and I drink so does my boyfriend it’s ok.

• pills weed and alcohol XD nope i'd definitely not date a girl like that. i know some people have a phase in their live where they do it. lot's of them make it out of that phase, some even unscathed. i won't date anybody in that phase though. cause i don't know if they'll make it out or if they fuck up. not gonna take the risk.

• Not a chance.

1|1
    0|0
  • No.
    Off doing drugs at a concert? Hell no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. I don't date drug users.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I would not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't worry. Bit of drugs never hurt anyone

1|0
    2|0
  • No, never.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nnnnope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... its fun to be with them

0|0
    1|0
  • Big no

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. I find out and ur gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Used properly I would. But taking drugs and going to a concert seems like playing with fire. I would want a girlfriend doing that. I’d expect you do it with me in controlled circumstances.

0|0
    1|0
  • I’m a recovering addict so no

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Drugs are an absolute deal breaker. I’ve worked in a psych ward. I’ve seen what drugs do.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes