Do your standards go higher as you make more money and are more successful in life? Why/why not?

Updates:
I meant Dating standards...

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• My own standards will remain the same no matter how much money I make. We use money to pay bills, mortgages and basically live from day to day.

At the end of the day, money doesn't always bring people happiness however having a positive outlook on life can change that for the better 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • For me no I like what I like and it won’t change

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I definitely think so, given you actually spend your money well. You don’t know what quality is until you’ve really experienced it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably but I have high standards now.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My personal standards are and will always stay the same no matter how much money I have in my pocket. Money is just something that can make your life better with material things, bills, etc. Has nothing to do with what I will tolerate from others or the people I allow in my space. Those will always remain high on a moral level.

3|2
    0|0
    • UPDATE ADDED: So if I make more money will my standard change on who I might date is what I am getting here? Maybe. I cannot lie. If I am making more money that will obviously give me opportunities to more upscale parties, people, etc. So the answer is YES. I will have access to different women that I would normally have access too. Now my moral standards still stay the same. Just because one has money doesn't mean those standards should change. Good update!

• yes!!! Honest answer

• For most people they do. Nearly everyone wants maximum "value" from their own social market value, and if they increase their own value, they expect to get more.

To be fair, people don't always judge their own SMV correctly, but I think that most would agree that success, status, and wealth generally raises a person's SMV.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because you have more options and it's inevitable you'll get excited about that.

1|0
    0|0
  • No why would they? I am who I am regardless of what I make or don’t make. Money does not change me as a person, make me better or worse, more worthy or not. So why would it in the dating world.

If I like a dude I like him. It’s not about his job, his status in society, the brands he wears, the suburb he lives in, car he drives.

All of that will stay the same no matter what money I do or don’t make!

I just want to be happy with someone, and money does not make you happy just makes life easier

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because when you are making less you take what you can get. When make more you're exposed to another world of possibilities. That exposure shows you what you were settling for the bare minimum. This is just my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well in that case it is the same. You will be exposed to people in your pay level. Having more money than the average gives you more freedom. When dating you dont feel like money is an issue or dictates where you go and your budget.

• Well yeah because realistically our desirability is a cumulation of what we have to offer and women almost always see money and success at huge to have in a partner. That said though, I'd wouldn't flash wealth to a girl I was interested because I wouldn't want her to be there for the money.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but different things go higher at different rates. For example you might care about food more than clothes. Or another thing we’ve observed is that a women’s demands in men go up exponentially with her wealth. Meanwhile guys tend not to heighten their standards much, they still just like cute girls and nothing changes that. All depends on the person and what they want as to whether standards change.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I haven’t changed because of money or success. I have changed my stands because I my self have changed as a person. I would back in the day if want looks looks and body body. Now I find that a person I wouldn’t have looked at back in the day I look at because then as a person attracts me. Not as shallow I guess you would call it.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.
    I look for the same basic things: good heart, empathy, intelligence, beauty.

1|2
    0|0
  • It's been my experience in life, to make money you need to be ruthless to make even more money you have to be more ruthless. If people get in the way they are pushed to one side. Which must mean a lowering of standards...

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really.
    I just don't tell them what I actually own.
    I don't want to get married again either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Although I dont judge people, but I think I would want to hold myself to s higher standard or at least try and motivate the person I'm with to achieve higher things. Or better himself

1|0
    0|0
  • The only standard that has changed is I actively work to identify and move on from gold diggers asap. Don't have time for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they go some higher only coz I can afford more expensive classier things.

1|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean higher? Certainly you have more to risk.

1|0
    0|0
  • My standards only go higher as I grow old. It actually just means that I'm less and less ready to deal with people's bs.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I am still interested in the same kind of girls now as I was when I made less money.

1|0
    0|0
  • no never change what I like now in thibgs is same but I would have more money to enjoy that 1 thing I mite not normally bye that's high teck

1|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat... I mean you want your money to buy you a comfortable life.

1|0
    0|0
  • my standards are to high for you women
    cause you women do not have standards

basically I'm to go for 96% of the female population
    wish I would have known this sooner
    but you learn as you go

0|0
    0|0
  • They're always high, Money just gives more choices overall.

1|0
    0|0
  • My standards are always the same money doesn't matter to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It hasn't for me because I'm working more than ever, and at the worst possible times.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person and where they came from. Those who are already rich and make more money might not want to socialize with those who never had it. Those who chase money and only money would most likely for get they came from having nothing and only mess with people who can benefit them. And those who are humble will see that every one has potential and could have and would stay with someone they know they could do better than when it come to looks but they stay with them cause looks aren't everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, i liked who I liked when I was poor and that hasn't changed since I have become successful

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah.
    My standards actually go higher after I compare what I demand with what the world is offering..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
    • Look at the results 25% of men and 100% of women say yes. That’s why women always have to deal with get called gold diggers.

• No or at least I hope not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably

1|0
    0|0
  • No it stay the same

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I’m a guy 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I am still into slutty nerdy girls. lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • not really... i still love me a good hood rat :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine stay the same

1|0
    0|0
  • Standards for what?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, as women love money so much.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes