Guys, do you want your woman independent or clingy? Why?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think it is that simple.

Like of course you want someone who is at peace with themselves, you know they can handle it if alone, they have their hobbies, a life. But you also want to feel needed and wanted.

I think men like it when they feel like the protector of their woman.

2|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I prefer a mix of both, but independent in key areas. Responsibilities, need to be independent, partnership equality need to be independent, career, and other things along those lines. But I want my woman to want to be with me and please me all the time. That’s the clingy I will allow

1|0
    0|0
  • Somewhere in between.
    I don't wanna feel like I can't go anywhere without her, but I don't want to feel like she can go anywhere without me either...

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm more tolerant of clingy behavior than most guys, but even i prefer an independent woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither... I want a woman who compliments me and I her. The whole, strong where I am weak and visa versa kind of thing.

Clinging is annoying and independent is too often confused with merely having a career that covers the monthly minimum balances. Yet cannot cook to save their lives so dine out nightly, has their parents still do their laundry, and calls their dad to fix the car and household repairs. In my head, that does not equate to independent/self sufficient, but somehow it passes for such. My favorite independent women are the ones with homes and often times, cars that are falling apart because they are too forever saving to get the repairs done by someone else (interesting since they do not even have an estimate for repair so how much do they need to save is a further mystery) so as to appear independent - thus what was once a simple fix has now blossomed into an expensive repair due to stubborn pride that keeps them from allowing their dads or boyfriends from even showing/teaching them how to maintain/fix things on their car or house in the future on their own.

I have known these sorts of women. Pride is a real S. O. B. Stubborn is stupid. People should aim for being resolute versus stubborn.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent, we can talk when I'm back home not all day over phone.

She needs to be able to make good decisions too, not only wait when I will do it. Yes very important ones we have to make together.

It is getting boring to me very quickly when she is clingy 1 max 2 weeks, then I need my space and I need to miss her too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys, how would you feel about a girl who is a bit of both? Like, super clingy in that she wants to message you all the time (but doesn't mind you replying less), wants to cuddle and touch you a lot when you are together, but also is just fine and hanging with friends when you're apart (even though she says she misses you all the time)?

1|1
    0|1
  • Most guys will say independent against clingy

But in reality if guys indepentence is a way bad quality for a women and guys naturally go for women who have submissive traits like clingyness.

2|0
    0|0
  • Independent, she’s an adult she should be able to take care of herself. If she needs help with basic stuff like lifting heavy stuff or reaching something high up that’s different it’s men’s responsibility to help. As long as she’s submissive in bed she can be as independent as she wants

2|2
    0|0
  • Independent. I used to think it would be nice to have a clingy girlfriend who was very attached to me, before I dated one. I was wrong. It is exhausting. If she is clingy and needy it becomes difficult to do anything else. I would much rather be with somebody who can take care of herself than somebody who constantly needs me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent for sure shows maturity he certainly gives impression that she knows what she's doing and all the silliness that comes with growing up she is over it's over that stage in her life and she's ready to move on and probably have more of a serious relationship and outlook life

1|0
    0|0
  • Clingy can lead to insecurity.

Insecurity can lead to controlling.

Controlling can lead to abuse.

Then that is the end!

2|2
    0|0
  • Independent women can at least, theoretically, be in a position where they can be expected to be accountable for themselves.

I despise weak women with daddy issues looking for a strong male while preaching the whole faux empowerment rhetoric in a double speech.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've been in relationships with clingy women before and it begins to feel smothering, oppressive and very tiring. So I'd prefer a woman who has some self confidence and independence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather her be clingy cause its hard to tell when a independent woman need/wants you then they end up feeling alone when without the guy even notice'in or not know when she has a issue with something cause at least in my experience independent women are more prone to walking away from relationship problems instead of working through them

1|0
    0|0
    • *Which isn't to say I'm not attracted to independent women*

• Independent. But I want her to trust me enough to get vulnerable, and not be afraid to ask for my help. My current girlfriend is a little too independent for my preference. I respect her so much, but she always tries to go at things alone, and it just isn't working well for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a mixture of both. I don’t mind clingy, but sometimes I just want to do stuff on my own. Have a little “me” time, or time with the guys and I don’t want a girl who can’t be ok with that. Otherwise I’m fine with it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd want mine to be a little bit of both a little clingy cause I want that closeness and a little independent but not so independent where she wants to do everything on her own cause everyman like to feel needed

2|0
    0|0
  • I'll take the self-sufficient woman that makes me a priority in her life and can't keep her hands and mind off of me

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like a woman please where and how do I get one? To answer your question clingy I reckon why the heck not. I have the freedom and time to spend with her so why not waste it on her. I am bored otherwise.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ideally independent but just not interested that much in the world at large or connected to is as much as she is to me. That's how I am, kind of a us against the world type. Two loaners find each other etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Affectionate's cool. People who can take care of themselves and not *depend* on someone else is cool too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Every guy likes to see a pair of panties on a girl. If they fit just right, they flatter her form and are sexy. If they're too large, they may fall off and become an embarrassment. If they're too small, they may even hurt or cause cramps in her who is wearing them. In either of these latter cases the sight is not beautiful, the look is not sexy, and the outcome is not healthy.
    It's the same with the level of clinginess in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both. My last girlfriend used to. panic if I didn't call or text back within 30 mins. And sulk if I didn't cwch her to sleep. Current girlfriend can go 3 days without texting which makes me insecure.. inbetween would be nice

2|0
    0|0
  • Not attracted to clingy, I like independence/strong opinions, I want my partner to have the same interests but ever. y now and then a different opinion on them

2|0
    0|0
  • Blend of both, i want her to have a strong desire for me but at the same time its nice to have the freedom to both just do the things we like doing alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Poor guys.. their only options are a feminist and a psycho..🤣

2|5
    1|2
    • Not really there are also the type of girls who respect themselves and know what they want. Therefore these women are neither feminists nor psychos.

• Show All
    • Bad name calling is uncalled for.🤚🚫

• I've a lot of who are neither feminist or psycho... probably explains why those relationships have remained at friends stage lol

• A little bit of each one. I want her to have a life and friends of her own but also like doing things with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't do clingy. I don't think I even know how to be clingy.
    That being said, I do have the common courtesy and mutual respect for my s/o to tell him where I'm going or how long ill be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both... neither. i think everyone just wants a healthy relationship based on love and mutual respect. I consider myself pretty adaptable. But i think it would depend how much we have in common. I like most people but if she's really clingy and we have little in common that's a recipe for disaster. We'll just annoy each other. Conversely if she's really independent that's fine so long as she gives me no reason to question her commitment to our relationship.
    Given my history though i'd assume i'd prefer clingy to independent.

2|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely independent. I think it's amazing when my lady is 100% independent with her own goals and strategy to achieve those goals.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends. Clingy in the sense of loyal and attached, independent in the sense of having her own life

1|3
    0|0
  • I would have to say like a good strand of hybrid flower around 50 50 if you know what I'm talking about LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • A little bit of both, but maybe more on the independent side.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mixture, not hugely independent in a way that I will start to feel like I don't belong with her but also not too clingy

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent but definitely not in charge. Able but not necessary active.

1|0
    0|1
  • I would rather have a clingy girl than one who is too independent to put in her work in the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's neither, one needs to have a balance between the two.
    But I'd prefer independent in this situation

1|0
    0|0
  • A little of both, I want her to be independent, but I'd like to feel needed too.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you define as clingy and independent?

2|0
    0|0
  • Independent, clingy girls are just too much drama to deal with

2|0
    0|0
  • Why not both? I love hugs and kisses and i love strong and independent women.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent but also a good amount of clingy just to show she wants to be with you. When she is independent you don't feel like a babysitter 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind a clingy boyfriend. And interdependent.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent. being clingy makes people lose control on themselves most times.

1|1
    0|0
  • Independent, at the same time confident enough to express her feelings and trust in me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I desire a grown woman who can do her own things on her own not a toddler.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent! It's important for both of us to have our own space!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Mmm not clingy but not to the point where she won’t stop

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither. Both being independent or clingy is a sign of mental instability. How about just normal?

0|0
    2|1
  • Independent yet slightly clingy. It does feel good at times when she clings 😅😂

1|0
    0|0
  • For one reason I am single and I'll stay with this opinion for ever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent. Clingy comes with other undesirable traits

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes