Why do you prefer a dating app vs going out and meeting a man/woman?

Please comment belowWhy do you prefer a dating app vs going out and meeting a man/woman?
  • I'm insecure
    Vote A
  • I have more of a selection
    Vote B
  • Anxiety
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• The only reason I use tinder is for practice. I've never been the popular guy though I've always been with those who are popular. Girls haven't really wanted me and haven't thought more of me than that I'm nice. For a few reasons combined my overall confidence plummeted in my teens and I never got to practice social interactions with girls that much.

So today I'm pretty terrible at small talk in general and unless it's someone I know I feel choked up a bit guy/girl. If it's a subject like work or something then there is no problem but just random small talk is the worst for me.

So just talking with girls I find attractive is really out of my comfort zone. If I get to know them some way then there is no problem.

So dating apps helps me find girls that potentially are interested that I can interact with and possibly meet to practice with. I never expect anything to come out from it but that's okay :)

1|0
    0|0
  • You get all the bullshit out of the way.

Find out if she is sprung on her ex without even having to pay a cover fee at the bar or club and then spend more to buy her a drink.

It’s more straightforward. Just how I like it.

Me: want some dick?

Her: “yes” or “no”

Me: want to date?

Her: “yes” or “no”

1|0
    0|0
    • Very true then u dont have to waste time going out on the actual date

• Yeeep!! Get her snapchat and find out if she’s legit!

If I’m being catfished? Blocked!

• And the best thing about it is that I know so much about her by the first date from talking to her over the phone that the first date is something that I know we both like doing. So it ain’t some cliche shit like dinner, or a movie. 😒

And since we know what we have in common shit is spontaneous and flows naturally. It’s as if we have known each other for a long time just cause we spoke over the phone

Most Helpful Girl

• It's easier to be rejected on an app than in person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd much rather try meeting a woman IRL. Online dating sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does not matter
    It is you decide how to use it.
    If you are immature online, you will be immature offline
    If u r s slut online, you are one offline
    If u r player liar, you will be one offline

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't just go ask out girls, are they dating, are they married, do they want to be left alone, do they want to remain single, those are variables that are existent with any girl you see on the outside

1|0
    0|0
  • I've found I'm not good at reading people, and I'm also not good at being easily readable. So dating sites provide an easier way for me to tell that someone is approachable and to let others know that I am as well.

Plus I'm picky. I don't want to waste time on incompatible people, and online provides filtering tools to help with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would very much prefer meeting in person. But it's hard af to meet someone after you're out of college a while. A lot of people I know met at work or in school, but I'm done with school, my career tends to be about 90% male, and so do most of the bars and clubs I've been to.

The only thing I've found that gives a reasonable chance of meeting someone is group outdoor activities like hiking clubs and such.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t. Dating apps are for people that can’t talk to someone in person. And if you can’t talk to someone in person, the relationship won’t last anyways

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont apps are for desperate people im fine being single if it happens it happens if not that's totally fine

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't, I'd rather meet in person and honestly, rather meet them in the normal walk of life.

0|0
    0|0
  • more choice and easier depending on what you're looking for

1|0
    0|0
  • I just don’t know good places to meet quality people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like meeting people in person I don't trust women on dating apps they are just searching for Deep Pockets

0|0
    0|0
  • A little of A, a little of C and even then way too much anxiety to even go through with it

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not confident

1|0
    0|0
  • Going out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can’t get out much.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not ready for love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm no good at meeting women either way

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather meet in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • The real deal is best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Full of germs cheats

0|0
    0|0
  • Well women in public will look you up and down and do things to get your attention then when you approach them they'll flip the switch and act like they don't know what you're talking about. Online women can't play that game, there's no mystery why they're there and it pisses a lot of them off. Which is why you'll see so many women put on their profiles " i'm just seeing what's out there". Because to admit they're looking rather thanbeing hunted is shameful to them. It's actually pretty comical how they act about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because my dick is not huge so I have a hard time finding a girl.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes