Is it weird or wrong to get a Tinder profile just to see what kind of people you attract?

My (gay) friend and I had a conversation about this the other day, and he told me a lot of people he knows on Tinder are just there to see what kind of bites they get. We were thinking we could do the same thing, but I feel weird about it. Is it wrong to do?
  • Yes, this is wrong to do.
  • No, nothing wrong. Just don't get involved with someone

1726

Most Helpful Girls

• A little, if you're in a relationship the partner might get upset. This kind of curiosity you should do when you're single, cause if you do it when you're not you might be tempted to do more than just see what you attract, but also how you get a long... When you start paying more attention to men that isn't your boyfriend it is never good. Forget tinder, if someone did this exact same thing outside, lets say go to a bar nicely dressed JUST to see who hits on you. Eventually you might like where the conversation with them is going. It's just unnecessary to allow this temptation to come to you. If you are really happy in your relationship you wouldn't be curious. Vain curiosity. If they like you, you'd start comparing them to your current partner. If they don't like you, you'd start wondering how to make yourself more attractive to them. Both are not beneficial to your current relationship. But you are young so it's very normal to have this curiosity and you shouldn't stress about being settled with one person. I am just typing from my own point of view, as if I am with someone and happy with it, I wouldn't look left and right, and wouldn't want him either. Imagine if your boyfriend did this, would that sit well with you?

• Besides, guys almost always swipe right, they just want as many options as possible and are not as picky as women. ;D it would not prove anything

• I mean, as long as you don't start conversations with those people giving the the idea that your interested in getting to know them, it's not wrong. But people who just collect matches on Tinder are frustrating to those people who are actually looking for a relationship.

Most Helpful Guys

• I really hate it how many people are on there just "swiping for fun." Many people on there, myself included, are looking for somebody who is actually interested in something, not just to see how many matches they can get. I mean, you do you, but I really hate it when I match with somebody who seems great but is just swiping for fun. I already have confidence issues and little stuff like that doesn't help either.

• Tinder has it set up to where you can only swipe on so many accounts during a 24 hour period. You could do it but most are blind swiping which in turn you wouldn't know if they swiped because they liked you or if it was just a blind swipe. Waste of time in my opinion.