Is it weird or wrong to get a Tinder profile just to see what kind of people you attract?

My (gay) friend and I had a conversation about this the other day, and he told me a lot of people he knows on Tinder are just there to see what kind of bites they get. We were thinking we could do the same thing, but I feel weird about it. Is it wrong to do?
  • Yes, this is wrong to do.
    Vote A
  • No, nothing wrong. Just don't get involved with someone
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• A little, if you're in a relationship the partner might get upset. This kind of curiosity you should do when you're single, cause if you do it when you're not you might be tempted to do more than just see what you attract, but also how you get a long... When you start paying more attention to men that isn't your boyfriend it is never good. Forget tinder, if someone did this exact same thing outside, lets say go to a bar nicely dressed JUST to see who hits on you. Eventually you might like where the conversation with them is going. It's just unnecessary to allow this temptation to come to you. If you are really happy in your relationship you wouldn't be curious. Vain curiosity. If they like you, you'd start comparing them to your current partner. If they don't like you, you'd start wondering how to make yourself more attractive to them. Both are not beneficial to your current relationship. But you are young so it's very normal to have this curiosity and you shouldn't stress about being settled with one person. I am just typing from my own point of view, as if I am with someone and happy with it, I wouldn't look left and right, and wouldn't want him either. Imagine if your boyfriend did this, would that sit well with you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Besides, guys almost always swipe right, they just want as many options as possible and are not as picky as women. ;D it would not prove anything

• I mean, as long as you don't start conversations with those people giving the the idea that your interested in getting to know them, it's not wrong. But people who just collect matches on Tinder are frustrating to those people who are actually looking for a relationship.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I really hate it how many people are on there just "swiping for fun." Many people on there, myself included, are looking for somebody who is actually interested in something, not just to see how many matches they can get. I mean, you do you, but I really hate it when I match with somebody who seems great but is just swiping for fun. I already have confidence issues and little stuff like that doesn't help either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder has it set up to where you can only swipe on so many accounts during a 24 hour period. You could do it but most are blind swiping which in turn you wouldn't know if they swiped because they liked you or if it was just a blind swipe. Waste of time in my opinion.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hmmm I never thought of doing this. I see you point. I find it totally acceptable as long as you don't fool any one or give false hopes. And also it sounds helpful because if you will find out you attract the wrong type of people that will make you think of the things you might need to change to change this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how I feel about it. I've never had a Tinder but from what I understand... you only see if people find you attractive if you've swiped right on them, right?

My friend and her husband downloaded it the other day and sat on their couch together and did some swiping just to figure out what it was all about.

I don't know if I'd do it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so.
    I posted a full fronal naked picture of myself on Tinder from the neck down just to see the reaction.
    I go on POF just to see who takes interest.
    It kinda let's me know what league I'm in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. We all satisfy our egos sometimes one way or the other. I think it's better to be honest about our need for it once every blue moon then pretend we're not shallow in anyway. We are all shallow to a certain degree as humans, it's in our nature.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah fuck self improvement, and abolishing your ego...
      Prop up being shallow and vapid.

• Show All
    • Lmao wow I don't have time to read a page on why you are insecure about yourself and feel the need to be correct online. Look at how you respond. That's ego, not attractive my dude.

• @Gar4ry Ok, so you claim to want to start a dialogue but when I actually provide a debate it's all, "lmao too long to read", you serious? XD
      Don't have time, please, it's barely a third of a half of a page. Pathetic excuse. Glad you concede then! Off you go.

• So many people on here are some ply insufferable. Asking such moronic shallow questions.

Depends what you consider wrong, if you consider coddling your ego, while being disingenuous to people who are often genuinely looking to meet someone wrong, then ya.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats such bs you say that until a male model like david gandy messages you then you would be on your knees. Lol its amazing how easy life is when you're a male model you can easily get all the women who "pretend" to use tinder for attention but we all know you use it becuase your lonly and desperate for a male model

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not wrong but it's definitely irritating. Most women on tinder are doing exactly what you're thinking of doing. So ignorant guys are getting matches and being left on read.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not wrong and it will make you feel more desired (until you realize that guys on Tinder aren't picky at all lol)

0|0
    0|0
  • This is probably more than half of the people who use tinder.. just want to see what they get and never ask them out

0|0
    0|0
  • That's good until you find out that most guys there swipe right for 99% of the girls. So no point really

0|0
    0|0
  • Its alright, just don't give them false hope into actually dating you.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you put it in your profile that you aren't looking to really meet anyone, i wouldn't have a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not wrong and the fact that you have written in your option to "not get involved" shows you're scared. Why are you scared?

0|0
    0|0
  • What @witherwing said.

Just be careful. You might actually meet someone on there you like ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • NO. its narcissistic. but not wrong... I am doing it with Bumble...

0|0
    0|0
  • but it is best to make it real encounters, you will have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal. I do it too. I mostly seek some fun conversations on dating apps rather than actual dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not wrong as long as you do t give false promises and don’t lead people on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. It makes sense and honestly can be a confidence booster

0|0
    0|0
  • Women just want attention. Most of the thots on there have zero intention of anything else

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with it, but it won't help much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nawwww seems fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. It’s nice to get that perspective.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares?

0|0
    0|0
  • its smart tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • On Tender, that is not wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is selfish and shitty.

0|0
    1|0
  • As long as you don't fuck them over, no...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ride

0|0
    0|0
  • No, sometimes you have to test the waters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s honestly a clever idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried that, to test it out. I made 2 different profiles of myself that were all true of who I am.

The #1: I wrote my abused upbringing and insecurities hoping to find love but was shy.
    This attracted drug addicts, harassment, and guys with low self esteem.

The #2: I wrote my dreams and passions to grow as a person, and my hobbies. This attracted decent guys. But what surprised me, was the guys who harassed and bullied my other profile were being all nice now.

My conclusion is, it made me hurt. Cause I laid everything on the table of who I am as a person. The good and bad. It also opened my eyes that some of the people are fake. Their profile does not give an accurate of who they really are. They paint themselves as something good or one of a kind. Only to take love for granted and to waste time.

I perfer a whole person inside and out. Not some someone painting an image that is really not true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is a bunch of freaks you dont want people to like you in tinder

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly think that's all women do it for (most of them). That and attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is actually the most common use for tinder among women and it's kind F-ed up to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • What a sad thing to want to do.
    Pretty much all guys will swipe on anyone anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s OK to be curious but at the same time there are people who are on there looking for something genuine and it’s not nice to play with people’s feelings. What if someone really likes you but you aren’t wanting to return the feeling, just because of your curiosity?

2|3
    0|0
  • Just people craving the drug that is attention and validation, kinda sad when you think about it. But that is the world we live in.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes