Do you all take being single personally?

Whether if you’ve always been single or have had previous relationships. Do you all think being single is a reflection of how desirable you are? Or do you all not let it get to you?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not anymore. When I was younger, I thought I was single because I was fat, unattractive, not feminine enough, didn't dress or act a certain way, guys only saw me as a friend... the list goes on.

So I worked on changing myself- guess what? I was STILL single and guys avoided me like the plague! So that made me feel like crap knowing I wasn't desirable to others.

Eventually I got older and stopped caring. Don't ask me why or what caused my feelings to shift: indifference or maybe I realized being single doesn't define me. That and I'm happier not stressing out over being in a relationship anymore.

3|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I don’t feel bad about my singleness. I’m waiting for the right person to date. Not in a hurry to date. I got plenty of time to find someone. :)
    I know guys find me attractive. Literally had a whole dorm of guys talking about me one time.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hey so are you still a virgin

• Show All
    • I’ve been asked out a few times in college, even twice on the same day by different guys
      There was also a few guys that wanted to just have sex, but I obviously wasn’t for that.
      We also had an anonymous app called Yik Yak and I was talked about a few times on there

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not like I really care about being single apart from feeling a bit lonely when I'm having a bad time. But I also think it is kind of my own fault for being way too picky over a girl. Not like they are lining up for me. I go out a lot and meet a lot of people but never have I felt someone was liking me in that way or was I ever approached by someone. At the end of the day, people always say: yeah there is always someone walking around for you. But what if you never get to meet this person?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I agree. There is someone out there for everyone but there is no guarantee that you’ll ever meet them.

• How are you supposed to take it personally? Who are you gonna be angry at? Society, every single person who doesn't date you? The entire world?
    No, that's just silly. No one's to blame for singleness.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• We usually do after a certain period of time as a singleton.

1|0
    0|0
  • I date if I like the guy - not cause I want to feel better about myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, many of us choose to stay single, now if you don’t get approached that often that says something.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was younger, I thought I was too scrawny or not good-looking enough for girls to be interested in. It was definitely difficult to not take it personally. Now, I'm not nearly as scrawny, but I'm more resigned to the fact that some guys just don't attract women and I might very well be lumped into this group. It's fine, I suppose, because I don't care for the drama that a lot of women bring, but it does sting to know that I'm undesirable and not know the reason why.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in a negative way. If I'm just dating around casually then I want to be single so I won't beat myself up for it.

But if single isn't necessarily what I'm striving to be, I'll take my time alone to just do my own thing. I like to reflect a lot and pursue my hobbies to become a happier and better person for the next guy. Eventually you meet someone when you least expect it and those are the best ones

0|0
    0|1
  • Not really. I'm not single right now, but when I am I'm going on dates. It's your life - you can be single, date, be in a relationship, whatever. If you don't want to be single, you should be going out there.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nope not really. I was concentrating other aspects of my life first like my career and business related things rather than the fact i was single. I found it more annoying when friends and family felt the need to point it out like its a problem, when you are waiting until the time is right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally speaking, I rather prefer being single versus being involved. Having experienced both at various points of my existence, singlehood is clearly a lot more pleasurable, peaceful, and painless. Not to mention, cheaper, too. Since I have zero problem getting laid without getting involved; getting involved is all the less of a shinny option.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will write two statements; take it as you will.
    1: I have been relationship-less for eighteen and a half years.
    2: I am a G.
    Bonus Statement:
    3: I am quite thoughtful of other people, both by giving them personal and physical space and by:
    — being actually quiet while someone sleeps; not the "slam the fridge door shut" quite.
    Etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a big void in my life and I generally have felt a lot better about myself when I had a girlfriend than when I didn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • For women, it's not the case because all it means is that their standards are too high. In my case, it is definitely a reflection of my value (or lack thereof) as a person. There's a reason I've never even been on a date, and the reason isn't that I don't try.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda do yeah. Not having had a single proper relationship at my age and never being approached it sort of makes it really easy to convince yourself that you're the problem 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too paranoid about actually being in a relationship even though it does sound pretty nice, let alone I'm more paranoid about dates so I just say screw it and be single

1|0
    0|0
  • it is annoying at a certain stage of life but u get on with it. the world keeps on moving.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't really vote because it's more of a "sometimes" feeling for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Too many people make lame excuses for being single or they try to justify it in some way.

1|0
    0|0
  • You kind of have to because no on else is there for your problems/ to work it out (zing!).

0|0
    0|0
  • If I feel down, I do feel like it's a reflection of how desirable I am. It also doesn't help if people tell me that nobody would ever want me (which does happen from time to time).

0|0
    0|0
  • eventually... being single is just simply a course of what needs to happen at somepoint or many in most of our lives, where by it allows us time to relearn who we once were/are after long periods of being a part of a relationship... however if like me you have a history of finding someone you really get on with only to find they end it after a few years or it no longer works out for whatever reason, then at some point it can become quite personal and you begin to think there is something wrong with yourself personally rather than the other person just simply evolving and wanting something different or more...

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not, I am saving myself for a specific woman chosen by God.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't but my mom is like a stick up my ass about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at this point. I've come to learn things about life that prevent me from taking my single hood very seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • eh... depends on the day. I can be hella moody in the amount of attention i want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel it has more to do with your own efforts or lack there of to get something you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think about it a for a second and then see other couples and feel a swell of relief that I'm single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but I never really gave myself a chance with dating, i never really focused on it since studies had to be made.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm single simply because I'm not seriously looking. I'm okay with being single even though I'm 30, handsome , and a giver...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in the least. Usually it just occasionally occurs to me: Hmm, I haven't had sex for a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, when I was single I understood why and lived with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • And why was that?

• Even as a teen I knew my limits. I have never been more than a 5/10 and honestly I am perfectly fine with that, I attract women with some sort of social or mental issue but I know when enough is enough, I am not at all sociable and I never have been so I understand that my available dating pool is shallow and honestly I just enjoy being single when I find myself that way. It's all perspective, if you obsess over your issues then the issues grow and grow until they become something far uglier - that's how we get incels and femcels.

• I've never really had a girlfriend, so at my age I tend to wonder about myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm just too much of a c-word for a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Look at the bright side: less stress. ;D

1|0
    0|0
  • lol no

0|0
    0|0
  • I desire to be single.

0|0
    0|0
  • no..

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not single :P
    Im taken since a year

0|0
    0|0
  • I choose to be single 🤠

1|0
    0|1
  • It's a reflection of how picky I am.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I am not self deluded.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be.
    But nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I fucking do lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • yup im trash

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a long term plan I'm working on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
    • "Do you all think being single is a reflection of how desirable you are?" - and yes.

• I think that it is a reflection of me as a person

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm single because I choose to be. It's far more rewarding than wasting my life in a relationship

1|2
    0|1

Recommended myTakes