Do you only date the hottest guys/girls or do you settle for less?

I only date the hottest guys in the area, if I feel like I can do way better I’ll just stay singleDo you only date the hottest guys/girls or do you settle for less?
  • I only date the hottest guys/girls
    Vote A
  • I am able to settle for less
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I date men with the best character, morals and values. Having good looks helps.

6|2
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Why aim high when you're already the highest?

2|0
    0|1
  • ONLY the HOTTEST! Shoot high you deserve it!

3|2
    0|4

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have never aimed to date the hottest guy. I seek out a great personality, common morals and goals, and similar interests.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

Easy to find

• Show All
    • 7d

What do you mean emotional needs? What do u need?

• 7d

I had some issues making relationships when I was growing up because we moved around so much. I was in an abusive relationship. I need a lot of reassurance and I'm still learning to navigate the waters of a safe relationship. I'm also in therapy so that I can fix it and it doesn't put all the weight on my partner.

• I actually tend not to choose the "hottest" women because they often are arrogant and don't have good character, knowing the world glorifies them.

I usually like women who have some measure of prettiness but not super beautiful types, and who have good personalities and make me feel good around them.

1|3
    0|0
    • 7d

The girl i'm after could be considered hot but i'd consider her very cute and her personality only adds up to that since she's very sweet

• 7d

And there's some indications she might like me

• I don't settle for less. I date the one who captures my heart and vice versa

2|1
    0|0
    • 7d

So you don’t settle for less in looks? With your statement it seems like you do.

• 7d

When I am in love with someone, they are automatically beautiful to me regardless if they're ugly or beautiful to everyone else...

• I settle for anyone that has brains and use them effectively

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t pursue those that are too hot (it would be a different story if they asked me out, of course) since they tend to have a particular shallow type (muscles, tattoos, cocky, etc). I’m ok with settling for less (not the unattractive per se) as they’ve always been more open to the likes of me and similar boys

3|2
    0|0
  • Seeing as everyone’s skin wrinkles, our muscles grow weak, our hair grays or falls out, our breasts sag, etc I’m happy to have a husband I’m not only physically attracted to but connect with mentally. So long after folks stop thinking of as hot on the outside he’ll still be my stud for life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go for who I'm attracted to in personality and looks and it's always been that way. But personality trumps looks. Hot... I could care less, but sometimes they are. The majority of women, I'm not drawn to. There are certain qualities and looks I like.

1|0
    0|0
  • In men I wants the handsomest ones and they're very rare. I rather stay single than dating an unattractive one. I'm a 6/10 myself, but I only wants to date men who's 7/10 or higher. The highest numbers are the best. I'm picky in both looks, personality and smell. I finds 90+% of men not good looking at all. To me they've to look like models to be able to attract me and even not all male models attracts me.

In women I can date someone inside my own league. If she has an extra nice personality her being a 5,5/10 isn't a deal breaker. Although I've preference for the most beautiful and handsome ones in both genders, I've stricter preferences and are more picky in men. Men have to look much better than me, but women can be at the same level as me or slightly less nice looking than me. Women looks better than men in general speaking, so therefor I've higher standards in men.

To me personality and looks are equally important. It won't last if we're not compatible and I don't want to fuck someone who's unattractive. If someone looks like a family member I wouldn't date them either.

2|0
    1|2
  • I dont want the hottest (9 outta 10) because i dont have time to fight off competition. I dont wanna settle for less (5 or less outta 10) because i’ll struggle with staying faithful. I've never cheated tho. But i do want something damn near perfect for me. So like a 7 or 8 outta 10 will do.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yeah well, I never really dated. And I would certainly not date the hottest chick with a shitty personality (cliché ik). But if she's really hot and has a compatible personality, good for me and her.

2|2
    0|0
  • I think I could settle for less, although I have a very attractive girlfriend and frequent attractive women.

2|1
    0|0
  • Settle? Looks only go so far. Some of the most wonderful women I have met are Plain Janes and some of the rudest, most obnoxious ones were what most would consider beauty queens.

2|3
    0|0
    • Sounds like something a guy who’s been rejected too many times would say

• 7d

Exactly!! Same here. Most of the amazing guys (and girls) that I have come across were plain-looking and overlooked by a lot of people, but the most typical stuck-up/douchey type of people I have come across were "super hot" and treated like Kings/Queens.

• I don't know about settle. I know the boys I gush over looks wise aren't normally the men I'm interested in long term. If it's mixed that's fantastic but overall when im6daring I'm looking for specific traits. Looks aren't my main focus, it's a focus but not my main.

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost no one with healthy self-esteem date people that they think are not hot. So yeah? I mean, my idea of hot is a fit girl with no curves, no make up and angular/androgynous features. Which many of my guy and girl friends think is really ugly. So it's subjective, you feel me?

1|1
    0|0
  • For me hottest is beyond the looks- i find girls who knows to flirt, understand my subtle jokes, intelligent and who dont do lot of makeup attractive. I won't settle with anybody other than this.

1|2
    0|0
  • When a girl is at least a little attractive and has a good personality that makes her the hottest to me, when you grow up you'll see things differently

2|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I don't. Looks, while yes, they do matter to an extent, only go so far in my opinion, I mainly go for personality.

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter, Id settle for who I like and whoever the fuck likes me back.

3|2
    0|0
  • People have different ideas about what is hot, so that doesn't really make sense. Unless you're 16, I guess.

Some of the most attractive people aren't necessarily the best-looking.

2|1
    0|0
    • People know ugly when someone is ugly guy, so it does make sense.

• Show All
    • Who the hell are you? Wasn’t talking to you so BYE

• 7d

Everyone doesn't have the same idea of what is hot, and not everyone falls cleanly into "hot or not" categories.

I date people I am attracted to (if they consent obviously). I don't give a shit about other people's standards.

• No. They're on my list, but looks aren't going to make the relationship last, I'd rather be with an average guy with a great personality than just focusing on their outer appearance. I wouldn't say that's settling for less though.

2|0
    0|0
  • “Settle.” That’s not the right word. That’s like saying I’m settling for burgers tonight even though my favorite food is pizza. I can’t eat pizza every day. I want burgers or a salad or steak or a huge bowl of fruit or ice cream or...

And all that applies with women. Y’all are all so damn yummy I want to taste everyone. Girls are like Pokémon, I want to catch them all. Catch and release. Stay in my pokeball with me for a weekend and then I’ll let you go home back to the tall grass.

1|1
    0|0
  • I "settle" for what the fuck I desire in from of my hungry eyes and I don't argue with myself anymore about what I like. If there's a stronger, "hotter", "better" female and she doesn't get hers then how much "better" was it then. Hm?

2|0
    0|0
  • Well I personally don't even look for the hottest guy, not like I'd stand a chance, but still. I'd actually prefer an average Joe looking dude with a comforting personality. Someone who shares common interests, and can make me laugh. Thats aces in my book.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to have that mindset when i was younger. I was very calculative and i think it left me lonely and empty.
    then I grew up and realized that even though a guy could be super good looking he could also be dumb, boring, and have a bad personality so i dropped that mindset.

Its great if someone is attractive but what good is that when you can't converse with them and when you can't connect with them?

1|2
    0|0
    • to answer your question, others might see that i have settled for less in terms of my partners looks because he is not your traditionally handsome guy. I find him good looking but i know other people might not, and honestly i dont care what they think.
      I received above and beyond in terms of his intellect, kindness, sincerity, and overall his personality.

• I'll date whoever I find attractive. Many times they are widely considered to be hot, some times people tell me that I can do better.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes I aim high, but no I do not reject anyone who is less than a 10. I just have a minimum standard. A girl who is a 7 in looks (by my standards) or higher is my range. To me, going below a 7 in looks would be settling. That said, getting with a girl who is a 10 in looks but doesn't match anything else I want in a girl is also settling. Because I'm choosing to be with a girl who isn't as good for me as say a girl who is an 8 in looks, but has everything else I want in a woman.

Cliche as it sounds. Looks aren't everything. And just refusing to date less than a 10 in looks doesn't mean you're not settling. It means it matters to you more than it really should. The only way I would legitimately only date 10's would be if I were a professional athlete. A millionaire/billionaire. Someone who has massive status and is highly successful. Because my range would open up and I could still pick through the 10's who do line up with me best.

2|2
    0|0
    • You aim high? Because you are high?

• Show All
    • 7d

No you’re seriously just lame. Guys who need social statutes or money to get a hot girl are lame. And unattractive

• 7d

Why not?

• I go for the one who doesn't have an upspeak like her benefit claim was just rejected.

1|2
    0|0
  • I voted for yes but I'll say, my view of "hottest" is probably a little different than stereotypical. She is certainly going to be hot to me though. ;) I got lucky with my current woman.

1|1
    0|0
  • There are fewer of the "hottest" guys and girls than the rest of us, so only dating the "hottest" would be limiting yourself to only 1% of the dating pool or less. That's just not smart.

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s the point, I already have many options now, I want the best guy I can get

• You can date however you see fit, but shrinking your dating pool to such a small percentage is going to severely diminish your odds of success.

• No there’s a lot of cute guys

• Looks are secondary the personality traits matter more to me
    I could settle for lesser in looks is she's a really person

5|1
    0|0
  • I honestly would not know. I'm still learning about life, world, and the people around me. I would not know about 'hot' or 'settle for less'. Without getting to know the person first. I cannot give an answer of me thinking 'what's to become' of my future. Since people are different and grew up in a different surroundings and environment. That others still accept them for who they are. But to others judging that couple would not understand cause the fact is, everyone is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares looks fade and connection and chemistry is what I go for.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks aren’t a priority for me and aren’t the only determinant of whether a partner is high quality, so I don’t even consider it settling if my boyfriend isn’t the “hottest” or most conventionally attractive guy

1|0
    0|0
  • So you base the entire dating worth of a guy, on the way he looks...

1|0
    0|0
  • I get what you mean by that question. Looks only go so far I’ve learned. I saw this hot man he was interested, I started dating him. I was enamored by his looks at first I won’t lie. But the way he talked down to people, bitched about a spot on his car at the car wash place, the way he talked to people when he ordered a pizza, and he was self absorbed/ shallow of a man. Once I learned that, he wasn’t good looking anymore and a total turn off! So settle for less, absolutely not. But I would take a rad human being less attractive over that shit any day!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholderand only skin deep! Old school I know but true!!!

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't see it as settling if he Is the one you want and love, (even if he's not a model) then I don't see that as settling? You love who you love, that's that. It doesn't matter how they look, act, dress, smell, or anything. I don't believe in the word settling. Anyone who has truly been in love would know that!

2|0
    0|0
  • Appearance is superficial, I find personality more important

2|0
    0|0
  • Well I find "hot guys" to be Ugly.
    Ugly

Ugly

www.ranker.com/.../hottest-male-celebrities
    Most on this page above are Ugly

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about the looks that much, I have high standards for the personality tho.

1|0
    0|0
    • Don’t think you can have high standards for personality. There’s not much that a guy can be

• Show All
    • Yeah hot guys are, that’s what I’m saying

• Okaaay, shallow but a lot of people are like that so you won't have much problems finding like-minded people I guess. Good for you.

• As long as I find them attractive i can date/hook up with them. They dont have to look like a Victorias secret model for me to find them attractive

4|0
    0|0
  • I settle for more. Looks fade. Personality grows over time. I go for the best person i can find, looks are secondary.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean if I could attract a beautiful man then hell yeah I would go for that. But since that hasn’t happened then I’ve had no choice but to go with that option 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about looks that much. It's more about the energy that the person radiates.

3|3
    0|0
    • 7d

Energy. Very important. Excellent point. I'd take a 6 "the cups half full" girl over a 9 "the cups half empty" girl every time.

• I do have pretty high standards but I know my own league so I try to keep within a 7 to 7.5 range when it comes to men

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like hottest but hey personality is way more important so if I have to settle for less for a good opportunity, Let’s go!

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends if I have a connection with the guy. I don't even look at appearance when I have an amazing connection with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not good looking enough to do something like that

1|0
    0|0
  • Naa to short to date the hottest girl I'd have to take whoever would give me a chance 😂

2|1
    0|0
  • no. if I connect with the guy then i dont care If he isn't 10/10

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol, I tbh can go for the hot guys and be in a relationship but i can settle for less

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes