Is having a girlfriend important for guys?

• Yes it is
    Vote A
  • No it’s not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• This depends on the guy's intentions of what he wants to do with his life and how much solitude/privacy he wants to have.

Not all guys are interested in a relationship because they'd prefer to spend their time doing something else instead. There are a lot of them out there who are curious about relationships and want to embrace the feeling of love in general so loneliness doesn't emotionally affect them but to some, the complications of having a significant other can be overbearing and stressful to handle, in which they'd prefer to avoid it. I'm very certain every guy out there has thought about being in a relationship at least once and if they act upon it, that's ultimately up to them.

Guys can survive without relationships since having a partner isn't required to survive, although giving and receiving affection from someone they care about can help boost their overall emotional happiness. It's not mandatory for any guy to have a girlfriend but I'd strongly recommend it, just to give the relationship a try and see what they think of it. Who knows what they may find with having a loving and endearing woman in their life, that they would have missed out on with being single!

1|1
    0|0
  • A lack of girlfriends is why the West is not fighting back against Muslim conquest.

Eastern Europe is fighting back and defending themselves and their culture, and so are Buddhists in Myanmar, because over there the women support their menfolk.

And Western women don't. Western women hate their own men and worship the invader. If they're not careful, they just might get what they wish for.

0|2
    0|0
    • They'll happily subdue to a more dominant male society because whatever the may tell us their actions show us that they'll go with the winner

• @up_64 How true. But most people will never admit to that.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not. The fact that people resort to girlfriend instead of a wife is very sad and depressing. Just goes to show this is why a lot of women have no respect for a lot of men today. That's why it's one of the reasons why I chose celibacy, because I would not want to get myself involved with a person who thinks that getting involved with somebody else's priority in life. Especially if they have no desire for marriage. It's the same thing for girls it is not important. It must be important for them and they must have reason for it.

0|1
    0|4
    • Yeah and what do we get out of marriage? Lool

• Show All
    • 7d

You having premarital sex on side of marriage you still it and it would disease. Christmas tree and the parents anal and oral sex without protection, which 9 out of 10 * you can still end up with disease. Maybe go back to CDC and read up about STDs before you start Talking about what you will and won't get.

• 3d

I'm inclined to agree, actually. Too bad you don't live nearby. Based on this, at least, you sound like someone I wouldn't mind having dinner with.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• All my boyfriends thought so

1|2
    0|3
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • For many lonely or virgin ones, I suppose. I would add disabled men too because then they can show the world that they're "normal": they have someone who wants them and have sex as well (though it shouldn't be like that).

0|0
    0|1
  • This is not a yes/no question really.
    We can survive without relationships no doubt but there are times when people feel alone and they need something, that place can never be filled by a friend. They require someone special.
    Here is nice quote from a show. This says quite a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • No they don't. Men get in to a relationship because we need sex. Similar to the reason why you even work because you need money. Nobody deep down cares about the company they work for.

All I'm saying is men are coerced in to having a girlfriend so they can get laid but obviously you can't say that to females can you?

0|1
    2|0
    • Dropping truth bombs.
      If they didn't have vaginas we would throw rocks at them.

• It's never been important to me.

I always focused on my future, talents and career. However, accidentally i have found the love of my life anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is subjective. Depends on how much important is love to a guy, I mean love and romance coming from a woman. It depends as to how much importance a man gives to committed relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on if you want kids. If you want kids, then you should get a girlfriend because you need to build a trustworthy relationship with woman in order to successfully run a family.

If you dont want kids, then its a big NO. I dont care how many women and simps call you gay for not wanting a girlfriend, you do not need a woman in your life. Having someone who you can kiss and hug is great, but its not neccessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly, a girlfriend is about companionship at home. Sex is easier and cheaper than a girlfriend; so that's not the driving force in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally it is, even for me, but I just don't think it's worth it to be with someone that it won't work out with

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for me because I've never had a relationship. For most guys I would assume that they can handle themselves without a girlfriend since I can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on whether you like pussy or not. You can always rent it. ;)

0|1
    1|0
  • Important but not essential. I can do alright being single but having a girlfriend kills that lifestyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having "A" girlfriend, no.

Having "The Right" girlfriend, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd happily be single if I was getting laid regularly.
    But needs must.
    Luckily I'm with a girl who is actually fun to be around.
    Unlike most women!

0|0
    0|0
  • it sure is, but men are the only gender in life, society, reality, that are never owed or entitled to a date, relationship, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fun to have one. I like feeling like there is someone I can be emotionally intimate with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to want one but slowly my interest is fading.. it's kinda amusing

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I've gone this long actively avoiding relationships, so, so far no

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I want to have a soul mate, I want love and be loved.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not important to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would assume to most that it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • No , not at all !!

1|0
    0|0
  • For a lot of guys it is yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, everyone wants to get married and have kids

0|0
    0|0
  • l would love to date a nice girl

0|0
    0|0
  • It is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having other people's consent of will to spend their time, intimacy and commitment to you is a coming-of-age act of power

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I don't want one. Who would want one?

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda. I just want to be affirmed that I can be loved because I am unfortunately short. But deep down, I know I don't really want to be put up with a relationship at this time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes