If you just got out of a relationship, would you take a break or jump back into one?

If you just got out of a relationship would you take a break or jump back into one?
If you just got out of a relationship would you take a break or jump back into one?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I always take a break. I need time to get over my last relationship so I'm not dragging that baggage into a new one. And it gives me time to think about what I want in a new partner. I think each meaningful relationship changes you a little, and you need to relearn things about yourself before deciding someone new is right for you or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done both and in my experience breaks turn out a lot better

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea the guy that I’m talking about liked me but had a girlfriend. They just broke up. I’d let someone else take the bait if he even wants one. He may need a break from woman in general lol

Most Helpful Girls

• It's been a patern to be single after a break up. After a year though I get antsy wanting campioninship. Plus dating some sersiouly again is a huge step. It takes time commitment and sacrifice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea the guy that I’m talking about liked me but had a girlfriend. They just broke up. I’d let someone else take the bait if he even wants one. He may need a break from woman in general lol

• I saw him on a dating app but it probably means nothing. He’s never on it

• Break. Always. I owe it to any new partner to be truly over the ex and focusing on myself will never be a bad thing.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• give your heart a break...

0|0
    0|0

• I saw him on a dating app but it probably means nothing. He’s never on it

• I got my first heartbreak at 18 and I was devastated (it was a three year relationship) and I've been single ever since. Some of my old friends from college thought it would be a good idea to set me up on some blind dates which were terrible. I'm still single and I've been able to take care of myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Always take a break.. Always! Or you may find yourself back in another bad relationship. Rebounds tend to bounce back and knock you one along side your head.

0|0
    0|0
  • A long break. Especially if we had something and it was a disaster.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd take long enough to get over him. Only took me like 2 months 🤷 im good now

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'd never just jump into a relationship for the sake of being alone. If it means I'm single for years then so be it. It's not fair to me or the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not into rebounds. But I don't mind someone using me as a rebound as I feel I'm kind of helping that person deal with some kind of pain and get over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take a break. Its a big red flag if someone jumps from relationship to relationship. I would not date someone like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Probably get laid a few times. Nothing serious for a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried to take a break but it was easier going on dates than trying to hang out with friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • A break.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d take a break

0|0
    0|0
    • How long did you take a break for

• My relationship with my ex ended in last April and I got into my current relationship in December. It doesn’t have to be that long or short it just depends on the person and how long it takes to get over them. I am wayy happier in this relationship than my last one and if i had known I would’ve definitely picked sooner than December.

• Depends on the situation and the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take a break

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually at least a few weeks break.

0|0
    0|0

• I spit with my wife of many years and was banging a new girl within the same month.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t feel like there’s an option to ‘take a break.’

I have to just put on a happy front and keep working toward fostering new relationships. If I don’t keep it up then everything falls apart.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes