Who Has Most Difficulty in Dating?

• Straight men (Explain Why)
  • Straight women (Explain Why)
  • Lesbians (Explain Why)
    Vote C
  • Gay men (Explain Why)
    Vote D
  • It's equally difficult for everyone (Explain Why)
    Vote E
  • It's only difficult if you're unattractive to most people (Explain)
    Vote F
  • Other (Explain What & Why)
    Vote G
7d
I think LGBT due small dating pool and homophobia. Unattractive people because few wants to date them. Especially if they've no nice personality. And then straight women. It's much easier for straight men to date than women due there's a lot of pretty ladies out there, but almost all guys looks average or below. Handsome men like Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom etc. are rare. Pretty ladies are everywhere.

2546

Most Helpful Guys

• TLDR: We all have our crosses to bear, but the rewards make it all bearable.

I don't know anything about lesbians and homosexials or bisexuals so anything that I could say about their experiences would merely be a guess. I don't think that there is anything inherent in gender that makes dating more difficult for guys, or for girls.

These comments are based upon strictly heterosexual people who follow traditional gender roles:

For guys, dating is difficult because we must initiate the relationship and we must face the prospect of being rejected once again. We are usually more eager to have sex in a relationship because that is a means of getting closer, but girls misinterpret that as us just wanting to use them for sex. We are expected to be the sole means of support when we have a family and we must deal with our insecurities about that. When we are dating, some girls will judge us by the car that we drive or the price range of the restaurants to which we take them. Girl tell us to be more expressive of our feelings but when those feelings are negative, they don't want to hear about it. Girls won't tell us what they want because, if we really love them, we should be able to read their mind. It's not easy being a guy.

For girls, dating is difficult because if they try to initiate dating a guy, they will be seen as aggressive, pushy, or maybe even a slut. They must wait for guys to approach them and that must be very frustrating. When they have a first date, they generally don't know the guy very well and they don't kn ow whether we will act like a gentleman or try to slip them GHB so we can rape them. Girls have more insecurities that make them hesitant about sex: "will he laugh when he sees my 32B boobs, is my butt too small/too big, will he want to do some kinky stuff that is a turn off to me, will he immediately go tell all of his friends, etc.' If she is too eager to have sex, will we think she is a slut but if she wants to wait, will we think she is an ice queen and move on to another girl? Girls have a cultural set of expectations about maintaining their appearance and getting ready for a date can be a major undertaking for them: hair, nails, maybe a new dress, etc. If the guy has any alcohol on the date, will he turn into a nasty drunk and then they won't feel safe. I think most girls feel more responsible for maintaining conversation in the early stages of dating and that can be intimidating for anyone who is shy. If she acts interested, will we assume that she is clingy? If she keeps some distance, will we think that she is not interested?

For me, it doesn't matter whether you think girls or guys have it easier. I am a guy and that is the burden I must carry in dating and relationships. However, I have tried to learn to focus on the positive aspects of dating and just accept the difficulties as the price that must be paid for trying to find an attractive partner who will want to merge her life with mine.

• So how does the clingy and distant thing work with guys? Like, what is the middle ground for how much the girl should be talking to the guy so she doesn't come off clingy or too distant? I actually always come off distant when I talk to a guy. I don't like texting all day every day, it stresses me out. And I try to only text an hour a day if its possible. I prefer to do everything in person however sometimes hanging out for hours straight is tiring for me. I have no idea why I feel that way but maybe it's a sign I am dating guys I am not really that into or it's just how I am.

• 7d

@BluesheepOwl For a few minutes two or three times per week. Five to ten minutes is not a big time investment. You can accomplish more in 5-10 minutes voice-to-voice than you can in two hours of texting.

• 7d

If talking for a few minutes 2-3 times per week is a waste of your time, then you are dating the wrong guys.

• Men. Girls aren't expected to pay for the date, perform chivalry and get blamed often during a break up and get no sympathy. What do they do for they're boyfriends? Sex is for both genders. Make ups and have to buy fancy dresses? They do that to envy other women or for themselves because men don't care about those much. www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ress-impress-other.html
    www.bustle.com/.../68594-who-do-we-dress-up-for-other-women-men-or-ourselves-the-great-debate
    Not to mention they sometimes get those dress with their boyfriend's money. Some women be mad about guys being at work when they're suppose to take them on a date forgot who they are working for.

• 7d

In my country it's more egalitarian. People pays for their own meals, both are expected to act romantic and everyone would get blamed on in a breakup.

• 7d

Well at least you're country is more egalitarian but that doesn't really change the empirical data of what men have to face in the world. Look for the suicide rate of men also the article women are wonderful effect.

Most Helpful Girls

• Straight men obviously voting straight men lol

I think straight men have it hard than straight women. But I do also find that gay people have a difficulty straight people don't have which is that they are fewer. So I think a gay guy have it harder than a straight guy and a lesbian girl than a straight girl. I know there are gays who are very popular and had many partners but also gays who can't find a SO because others don't want serious relationships or because the only gays around they know aren't attractive for them.

Besides if I think deeply those who have it harder would be "asexuals", at least if they don't hide it, as they are a very small part of society and rest of society is sexual and most of it, logically, want a person to have sex with so would reject to have an asexual partner.

Plus looks also play a great factor. Even if generally straight girls have it easier than straight guys, a straight girl under average would have it more difficult than a straight guy over average.

• I'm agree with you in most of the things, but I don't think it's harder for most straight guys to date than most straight women. It's easier for a guy to find a pretty woman than for women to find handsome men because of nice looking women are more common than men from my experience. In addition men aren't required to look as good as women because most women goes for personality and status, because they knows handsome men are very rare. There are more women who lowers their standards than men because they've to.

• Im biased as a straight man

However i feel like its easier for a not so attractive woman to get laid because men are usually more desperate for sex

Now some not so attractive men do have dilusional standards that have no connection to reality. Same goes for some women Who aren't that great looking

• Gay people, because they have a relatively small dating pool.

I'd also say conventionally unattractive people in general no matter what their gender or sexual orientation is.