How do you get to know someone?

My boyfriend and I were talking about this the other day and I guess we have different ways of getting to know someone. I prefer to spend time with them and let them tell me information about themselves when they're comfortable with it, but her prefers to ask direct questions

814

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for trial and error method. Getting to know each other also involves which method works for you both. Ask some ice breaking questions, then work your way out to thought provoking questions, spend some time cooking or playing together!

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. If it's something small like favorite color or something, I'll ask directly. But if it's something traumatizing, I'll let them tell me if and when they want to tell me. It depends on the topic of getting to know them.

• 7d

Haha I'm the same way. I ask trivial things no problem, but don't like prying ingo people's lives. If they bring up something serious, I don't want to ask the wrong question

• 7d

Exactly. There's stuff you should ask like favorite things. And then there's stuff you shouldn't ask about until they want to discuss it. I actually had to go through a serious discussion with my girlfriend recently and I didn't want to offend her, so I asked questions that I know wouldn't offend her.