Am I a bad person for not wanting to date someone after finding out the they were bi?

I recently got asked out on a date and I was all ready a little unsure because we'd only been talking for twos days and it be a ldr. Then he told me, he was bi and that he'd fooled around with men before. I've dated someone who ditched me for a man and I'm not saying he would do the same but I just felt really uncomfortable about it.

I'm a blood donor as well which if we were together, I might not be able to give blood anymore. Plus I found his Facebook and there was a lot of flirty comments by men on his page, I'm pretty sure he's gay but Is just confused but my male friends kinda stunned me for stopping myself from talking to him anymore and said you can give blood if you've been with someone who's bi, which I know for a fact, you can't out of risk of HIV but they kinda treated me as if, I was a bad person for that and I do feel a bit of a hypocrite when I'm not a 100% straight myself get I've never acted on it.

Am I a bad person for not wanting to date someone after finding out the they were bi?
Updates:
2d
Dear god why do so many people get so triggered by basic facts? I never said "All gay people have HIV" but before I donate blood, I have to be questione and some of the questions are about being sexually active with men who've been sexually active with other men. In my country the blood donor clinic's are dead against it, if the man hasn't been celibate for a year with a man. I know this because I have a gay friend who is no longer aloud to donate. Its not my rules so don't go calling me a idiot

1|3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would not someone with a different sexuality. You are free to date whoever you want regardless of the reason. You have no obligation to date anyone in this world.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you are not a bad person for having sexual preferences with which others would disagree. Political correctness is totally unrelated to sexual appeal and it is stupid for others to tell you who you "should" date based on their sense of social justice. You are the one who would be dating the guy, not them!

Those same people who would tell you that you shouldn't refuse to date a guy because he is bisexual might also say that they won't date a woman who is overweight or taller than 5' 7" or who has short hair. What makes their criteria correct and your incorrect?

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand your worry about him cheating on you.

0|0
    1|0
  • Sorry why would you not be able to give blood because your partner had had a same sex relationship? Seriously, how would anyone know? Are you a bit thick?

1|0
    1|0
  • I can't date bi guys.

I dont like the idea of him sucking a guys cock submissively.

Im an authoritarian type of girl, and need a guy bleeding dominance to control me. Evety bi guy I've met, has a certain softness that makes him yield to another man, and it makes me think I can domimate him easier

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re free to date whoever you want. I wouldn’t want my boyfriend to be bisexual either. Even if he’s faithful you will be afraid to leave him alone with both men and women, which mean 2 X more stresse. 😆

0|0
    1|0
    • 2d

My boyfriend is bi and doesn't even look at other people the same way he does at me. That's like saying if my mans was straight I wouldn't be able to leave him in a room with another woman which is quite frankly idiotic and overtly paranoid. Sexuality doesn't equal faithfulness.

• 2d

@taytayasks I know and I hate when people assume that but I didn't feel comfortable with the amount of flirty comments from other men

• you did right,

there's something up here... you keep drawing bi guys? you are bi yourself? something is distorted. It's become commonly acceptable for people to be gender confused, sex confused, exploratory. To me, it means something is up emotionally. the point is, how do you keep finding guys who are bi? It is your attraction, your energy that is drawing them. Why?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not a bad person. I think it is disgusting and I wouldn't even be friends with them myself or allow them in my house.

0|1
    1|1
    • 1d

That's a shame, I'm sure they'd really want to be your friend as well

• No u are not bad person for not wanting 2 see him anymore. Really u are doing yourself a favor by getting out early. That way u don't get attach and he don't have 2 pretend 2 live 2 lifestyles. Just go tell him 2 be with his men friends. That's what he really prefers. The only reason he want 2 hookup with you is 2 make himself feel good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm just here to say you're a fucking moron for thinking that all gay people have HIV.

1|2
    3|3
    • 2d

Can you quote were I said all gay people have HIV

• Show All
    • 2d

@MrOracle i read a statistic that black homosexual me where 29 times more likely to be HIV positive than straight white males.

I’m not race baiting with that statement but it’s true that gay men are much more at risk. They are also primarily responsible for spreading that crap in the early 80s (not intentionally obviously).

• 2d

@sonnysunshine and @MrOracle thanks sticking up for me, I've had to deal with these types of people all day even in my real life, funny enough none of these people watch or read the news or give blood but some how know better than me

• So basically you broke up with a bisexual because you are a blood donor.

The part about a guy ditching you is not an issue. It's not like. Guy wouldn't ditch you for another girl.

Not a bad person for wanting to donate blood.

0|0
    0|1
    • 2d

I didn't break up with him, he asked me on a date and I declined because I was secretly not comfortable with him being Bi and the other finds I found out as well a long with it.

• Show All
    • 2d

I found his Facebook and he had lots of flirty comments from men, on his pictures and he was flirting back with them. If it was women I'd be equally as put off because I just don't agree with people saying they like someone and then showing it off to everyone else as if they are still looking for something better

• 2d

Oh yah I hate that. That just shows they aren't committed and keep options open like they know a relationship will end. Some girls I have dated we're just the same.

• I didn't read BUT I'm here to say that NO your're not a bad person or a good person. You can date whoever you want as long as it's legal, it's your personal choice and your personal choice alone. Nobody is entitled to your love and you're not obligated to give it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Avoid him like the plaque as per the reason you stated.

If he is bi then he will be having sex with guys as well as with you and since you are not interested in that move on to a heterosexual guy that is looking for a committed girl.

0|0
    2|0
    • 2d

That's such bs oh my god. Being bisexual doesn't mean you want/need an open relationship or will cheat. Sexuality doesn't make you more or less faithful. My boyfriend and I are both bisexual and neither of us have ever cheated and yet the 2 straight guys I've been with cheated on me. Your narrative is just grossly biphobic and false.

• Show All
    • 2d

@taytayasks You did not read, and understand, what she said. Obviously you are just looking for someone to take out your anger on. Hope you get feeling better.

• 2d

Bruh you literally said "if he is bi he will be having sex with guys as well as you"

How is she misreading or taking anything out of context? Lol

• Chances of cheating is larger, both parties are fine. That aside, he might not be a cheater, regardless. Dating someone who potentially see both parties datable is hard to want as a relationship. Don't feel bad, you didn't want to deal with someone sexuality like that. Especially with the FB part. That can get somewhat awkward if you two started dating but the guys kept hitting on with flirty compliments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. Firstly you do not owe your affections or interest to anyone period. Never forget that. Also, this person has a birth defect specific to his ability to form relationships with women and that puts him a greatly increased risk of AIDS. Why would you not reject him?

0|1
    0|2
  • You need to do what is good for you. I don't know about the blood donor thing, but Bi people don't become whores and sluts because they are bi. it doesn't make them cheaters either. If he had a propensity to cheat, he's do that as a straight or bi or gay man. Cheating is about personal ethics. not who your attracted too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Double the competition, no not appealing to me either so no I don't think your wrong HIV is not sexually orientated heterosexual people also have it, but there is no need to feel you are a bad person

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

OK I have a blood disorder a form of haemophilia missing factor 4 and I am vaccinated against hepatitis c&b I would be deeply concerned if doners where not educated properly on this

• 2d

Exactly, I take being a donor seriously and I've read all the facts so when people tell me I'm the idiot it's really concerning how many people are unaware of this.

• 2d

Sorry for you being berated here and thanks for what yo do you help people live normal lives and also save them x the coincidence of me answering your question is crazy!

• No! That would be a deal breaker for me. When someone tells me "I'm bi" all i hear is " i'm psychologically damaged". I would say come talk to me when you get your issues figured out.

0|1
    0|2
  • I have to admit I’m
    Being really brutally honest here.. every time they would put their dick near me I wouldn’t be able to get the image out of my head that that’s been up some guys bottom. I would would be friends with a bi guy and wouldn’t hesitate to fork. Friendship.. after all you like what you like.. but I personally could not date someone x

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not a bad person, you can date who ever you want. From what else you've said it doesn't sound like him being bi is the only reason, it would stop you doing something you obviously care about and he doesn't seem to be the nicest person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most women are like this, you are no alone. Most women are all for gay acceptance, but would refuse to date a bi man themselves. Same with miscegenation really.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're not necessarily a bad person per se, but the way you're describing the situation and calling him "confused" is not what I would call great. Yes you may have to give up being a blood donor but you've already done it for some time and you've contributed more than most people have, if this is a person you feel a genuine connection with I don't see why you would give that up just because of the risk of losing your donor status and because your past experiences are making you doubt him. My boyfriend and I are both bi, and coming from personal experience I've been cheated on in 2 out of the 4 relationships I've been in and it's not great but that doesn't mean everyone who you get into a relationship with will cheat, and making the assumption that he might be more likely to cheat because of his sexuality is, quite frankly, a rather warped view. If I was this guy and I knew you were thinking/saying these things I certainly wouldn't want to date you anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you're not a bad person. You went with your instincts, which is what you should do.
    And it's completely understandable, but if I may give you some advice, explain to him that you've been hurt before. It'll make it easier for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It's a preference. I don't want anything date wise with a bi person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all. You two just aren't compatible when it comes to sexual values and tastes.

I wouldn't be with someone bi.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, you had a bad experience and don't want to go through this again. I don't see anything wrong

1|0
    0|0
  • That does not make you a bad person. Maybe narrow minded though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow your feelings in dating. If it's not comfortable don't do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, I would not date a person who was into that sort of thing either.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all I have turned down a blind date when I found out she sexual fooled around with another woman before

0|0
    0|0
  • how can someone who is bi date 1 person at a time. makes no sense.

0|0
    2|1
  • You can date whoever you like, nothing wrong with that. But you're in fact being judgmental.

1|0
    0|0
  • your asking if you're allowed to have an opinion? HOW DARE YOU, what do you think people are, respectable?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..
    You are really bad Person...
    Now bend over and Get ready to get Spanked 😂🤣😂
    BAD GIRL!..

0|0
    1|0
  • Date who u want, if someone left u for a man wtf would u date a bi guy thats traumatizing

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I’d be hesitant to date a bisexual myself, they are statistically more promiscuous than gay and straight people combined.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you go with your instinct on this one and not feel anyway bad about it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, You're perfectly reasonable. You don't have to date bi men if you don't want to

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what's right for you. Don't worry about others opinions

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you are not. It is an instant and absolute dealbreaker for me, too!

0|1
    1|0
  • Absolutely NOT! You're always the final arbiter.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is your preference. Nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, and don't let anyone tell you, otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you’re not

0|0
    0|0
  • Preference darling, preference.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont blame you. That's crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all haha

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all

0|0
    0|1
  • No just not your preference.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Lot of Lesbians tend not to date bi women cause they been burned or they got a guy looking for a side lover.

• nope bi bi

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes