Can you ever forget your first love?

Can you ever forget your 1st loved? What is it about them? Are they always on your mind? do you still have feelings for them? Would you go back to them if you could? The thought of my ex drives me insane and i wish i could erase him from my memory.

1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. I miss him a lot. I’ve only been in love three times. Two of them I miss every day and the third is my current boyfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I had no problem moving on from her when she moved away

1|0
    0|0
  • If 'forget' as in, I don't love them or feel attracted to them anymore, sure. Though it did take a long time to get over them, that's true for anyone you truly loved. You'll get there soon. Wish you the best.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m over it but I still think about him sometimes at the same time (mainly because we never actually settled anything so there will always be the “what if”), I’ve just sort of accepted that I will never forget this guy but I’m ready to get serious with someone else if anyone promising comes into my life.

1|1
    0|0
  • ... and along comes a love eventually to which none can compare...

The first love I think for most is more about experiencing infatuation... and then your first heartbreak.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I did long ago. I'm a totally different person to the one i was back then. So if i was single, and i met him now, i wouldn't look twice at him , and i wouldn't like his personality. I did back then though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think its possible to forget your first love. They were your first. Why would anyone want to forget?

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I can't move on

• Show All
    • 6d

Then write a letter to get your feelings out of your heard and speak to a therapist.

• 6d

Good luck <3

• Ironically, I was married for almost six years, and I realized that I had never truly been in love until after I was divorced, when I met the only woman that I have ever truly loved.

The answer is "no." I couldn't forget that woman if I wanted to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I still remember him, think about him at least once a day, still love him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your first true love I don’t believe you ever forget. You probably shared a lot of firsts with that person. I know in my case I did. They meant everything to me. Still do to be honest. Feelings sometimes go away and sometimes do not. Just depends on the amount of emotional connection you had with them. If the relationship was especially good it’s normal to have feelings like this. If I could go back to my ex I would 100 percent. Sometimes it hurts to the point you almost wish you could erase all of it like it never happened but then you would lose all the positive memories too which I wouldn’t trade for the world.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I feel you understand my pain.. thank you. Its been years. He moved on, but i can't seem to do the same.

• Show All
    • 6d

I've tried. No luck.

• 6d

Keep searching! Open yourself to new possibilities. Don’t expect to find identical but see if someone can be close.

• I've never forgotten ANY loves. And there's a been a few of them.
    No, if you truly love someone you don't just forget them. You replace old memories with new ones, but the old ones don't just disappear.

2|0
    0|0
  • Reality, you really can’t forget but you can lose the strong feelings as time goes by (Maybe) My mother reconnected with a friend from 30 years ago the first guy that purpose to her ended up separated due to a trauma matter, he found her on Facebook and the spark between them never left. They chat every day and video... sad thing she is married with my father 28 years... thinking about divorcing him because he isn't treating her right... it’s crazy how life changes and how love re create and readjust. BUT the ending of her long lost boo, was good, he didn’t cheat. just trauma separated them. It all shocks me how life work lol I guess this is how 22 feels.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Propose*

• 6d

Awh! ❤ thats amazing. Thank you for sharing that story with me 😌 i wish her luck.

• Haven't yet, and it's been more than half a century... ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • I finally no longer have feelings for him but I still regret how things happened and at times wish I could go back and change them. But at the same time I truly love who I'm with now so maybe how it happened was meant to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • I remember my first love and there are times when I wonder how is he right now but I don't really care. It's out of curiosity. I don't have any feelings for him. It fades away with the time

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, no matter how bad it turned out. A first love is the moment that made you realise you CAN be loved, and that changes your self-esteem for the better. If I can’t forget my first kiss, I could never forget a first love ❤️

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I haven’t thought of my first love in years. I have respect for him though. I think I was around 13 when we were together 😂

Basically yeah I guess you can indeed forget them, unless someone brings them up

0|0
    0|0
  • No I cannot.. He can definitely be of no meaning to me anymore, but u cannot forget the feeling of first love..

1|0
    0|0
  • I say no but the feelings def are gone I sometimes think bad and say thank you for letting me experience that but I also wonder why the fuck I ever dated them in the first place

1|0
    0|0
  • If by forget you mean erasing that person from my memory, no. People tend to remember "first" and "last". But I definitely don't have feelings of love anymore and wouldn't go back to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you never forget your first true love! Believe me, I know!

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I can barely remember mine. Time will do that eventually.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve pretty much moved on but sometimes I still miss her... It can be painful...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I see that person every time I look in the mirror...

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't even know who my "1st love" was. Had too many ig, or maybe the opposite

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Awh 😕

• Show All
    • 6d

I wish that wasn't so. But thank you

• 6d

It's always permanent and true. Self-deception can't be a cure.

• I can. But very hard.

Women can't.

1|0
    3|0
  • Yes you lose feelings eventually

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Thank god! Thank you.

• 6d

Thats coming from a man fyi women hurt worse from the first love

• 6d

Thank you for being insightful

• Never.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure. Ask me again in 40 years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

1|0
    0|0
  • No.
    Only after a brain injury.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never had a first.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don’t think you can

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • No I remember him from pre school

0|0
    1|0
  • Who?

0|0
    0|0
  • I remeber one girl from kindergarten

0|0
    0|0
  • not if its a cheat

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t forget. I went through it. It was a learning process. I’m moving on

1|0
    0|0
  • My first "love", the guy I who I had my first serious relationship with, passed away a couple of years ago. I feel it's complicated because I did feel I loved him a long time ago but he was also abusive and cheated on me. I tried to stay in contact with him because I did have a child with him but he made it hard to even co parent. Even if he was alive, I wouldn't go back to him. I don't wish I never met him because I do have my son who is my world but I wish I didn't put up with his shit for as long as I did. I feel having my son made me strong enough to love myself and leave that relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I understand that. Im sorry for you and your sons loss.

Recommended myTakes