Is a double date a bad idea if it’s your first date with that person?

Double dates seem to be more appropriate when you’ve been dating the person for a while but that’s just my opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Haha no... If it's your first date do not make it a double date.

I mean the whole point of dating is to try to get to know that person.

A double date for the first date in my opinion seems like such an insult and disrespectful to the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea, it doesn't send a clear message to the other person that it's a date and not just hanging out with friends

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It will create distraction for the both parties involve because you would wanna create a general conversation, but it helps to not make the date boring if you're the nervous type and you don't no what to say

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably yeah, unless you were really good friends with your date prior to dating that person and the other people you’re double dating with know your date too. But even that still might not be a good idea.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Depends on your personality, how well you know each other and your aim.

If your a quiet person and you don't know them then it's a good way to go since you won't have to worry too much about awkwardness when there's 4 people, if you know each other well and are a quiet person then it depends on your aim for the date (just a fun time or do you want to do more, e. g flirting and stuff, and how comfortable are you doing this Infront of others).

If your not a quiet person and you don't know your date well then a double date is not best at getting to know them as 1to1 is best.

If your not quiet and do know them well then this depends on your aim of the first date (to establish a romantic relationship, just to have a good time or to flirt and "stuff," if it's the first one then again a double date isn't recommend.

How well you know the other two people also matters and how comfortable you are with new people, if you don't know them and aren't comfortable with new people then I wouldn't go on a double date on the first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably didn't choose that picture yourself, but can I just say those girls are way too hot for those guys

In general, double dates are more for steadier couples. But on a first date, it can also be reassuring to have a friend with you. So if you and your friend like two guys who are also friends, it can make sense. Especially if you go do something more informal like a picnic or going to a fair, as opposed to going for dinner.

0|0
    0|1
  • Bad idea. The other person's friend may not like you for some petty reason and sway the person you like into not seeing you again. And because their friend is right there with them they'd feel awkward and uncomfortable flirting with you so that won't happen and thus it will be hard to build attraction.

Essentially you'll just be meeting in a boring, non flirty context so the chance of anything beyond friends developing is minimal.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It can help brighten up the mood and make it less awkward. You can learn a lot in group settings, but you must actively participate. That's why I believe its better to date friends than strangers.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so. I actually feel more comfortable in a group setting. I met my first long time boyfriend that way. Just make sure it was like a concert or something open. A resteraunt, movies. awkward

1|0
    0|0
  • Its ok to do that kind of thing as friends before getting together or after you’ve been together for a while but if it’s your proper first date you probably should just have it be the two of you

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depends how well you can handle a situation

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s good for a first date. It’s much more appropriate when you have been dating for a while so you are comfortable with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Double dates can be distracting. Same reason a movie is a bad choice for the 1st date if you don't have any other plans to get some face time

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe it’s bad idea cause maybe your friends like others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Recipe for disaster

0|1
    0|0
  • Terrible idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it's a better idea more fun