Is it needy to ask a girl what day she's free to go out? How do I make plans with her?

So I'm trying to figure out how I can ask out the girl I work with that one of my coworkers told me was looking for me when I was off. I approached her at work last week and managed to have a decent conversation with her during our meeting. I found out what she's studying and I also found out that she lives near where I live.
I'm so glad you live nearby because I am so poor, let me tell you...
I'm so glad you live nearby because I am so poor, let me tell you...
Anyways that's great because I'm still 3-4 weeks away from paying for off my car and getting the title and since she lives nearby I can meet her on my bike🚲.

The problem is our schedules are kinda different and we usually get split up at work. My plan is to ask her to see a movie with me (captain marvel) but I don't want to come as being needy for asking her what a good time would be for her.
Heard this movie was bad but I don't care. I'm getting hyped for ENDGAME!
Heard this movie was bad but I don't care. I'm getting hyped for ENDGAME!
I know the general rule amongst dating coaches is that you don't ask a girl what she wants to do but rather you make a plan and ask her if she wants to join you. I kinda don't want to mess this up so I'm treading carefully. Is it okay for me to ask her what day she's free to hang out? Thanks
Updates:
5d
Thanks for all the responses but I still don't know why this is trending lol. Anyways yeah I just wanted to work out the logistics with her. We'll see how it goes!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No, that is respectful and the right thing to do im this case.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, you can ask her that in a polite manner

0|0
    0|0
  • Correct, you do make a plan. Or rather you suggest 2 different times so if she's not free the first, she likely will be the 2nd. And if not she should suggest an alternative time if she likes you. But make surre it seem like you have a life too.

E. g. "Hey you seem about 90% cool and only 10% weird haha we should hang out sometime. I'm busy with sport tomorrow but free Thursday and Friday. Let me know which works best for you."

1|1
    0|0
  • If you don’t got her number yet. I’d say get that first. Baby steps my friend

2|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Yeah I forgot and I'm not sure if you ever saw it but I once asked another question about why this girl got mad at me because I never called her after getting her number. See she works at night after my shift and I saw her leaving and she gave me a hug because I'm guessing she was into me. I texted her like a week later amd she never responded and now when I see her she gives me dirty looks. Guess I learned my lesson

• Ask her if she wants to go with you. If she says yes, you can do 2 things: 1. Suggest a date, if she can't, ask when she can. 2. Say 'great! When are you free?'

She's already said yes in general, so it makes sense to just find a day that actually works.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to get to know her, and be friend with her. By asking any coworker let alone any girl like that makes it awkward and make her feel put on the spit, especially if she bereslwf hasn't shown any interest. Stop listening to dating coaches nonsense. She is a human being with her own thoughts and wants. It's okay to do anything that isn't sexual harrassment bit do not assume she will say yes just because you two meet up every week. Rejection is rejection so expect the unexpected if she backs down.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's polite to ask when a person is available to sync up your schedules for a date. No one will think that as needy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not needy to ask a girl what days she’s free to go out. Ask her that first. Then plan out a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not needy asking someone if they want to go on a date. It's only needy if they say
    " no" , but you still insist on asking them out

I'd just ask her outright if she wants to go on a date. Don't suggest anywhere until she says yes. She may turn you down flat if she doesn't like the Marvel movies.

I disagree with that advice from a dating coach. Because if i liked a guy, and he asked me to go out for a drink, I'd say no. (I don't drink and I don't like bars or clubs now.) Then he'd probably assume I rejected him coz I didn't like him , and he's most likely to give up asking me out

0|0
    0|0
  • It’d okay to ask her when she is available to go. If it were me, I would be fine with it and think it’s nice that the guy wants to know when I am available to see him

0|0
    0|0
  • If the reason is because of how badly u desire her and wanna bang, I think she would be flattered that your thinking of her and taking initiative towards banging

0|0
    1|0
  • My strategy when asking someone out is to come up with a date plan and a time that I think she will be free, then ask. For example I would say "Do you want to go see Captain Marvel with me Friday night?" She will say one of the following: "Sure what time?" (Then you give her the time, success), "Sorry I'm not interested" (you struck out), or "I'm actually busy Friday" (which if she doesn't say "but I am available next Friday" you probably are about to strike out, but you might have a chance if you ask when she is available, you'll get a more straightforward answer to whether she's interested or not)

0|1
    0|0
  • Say I liked talking with you and I wanna spend more time with you. Say I really wanna watch Captain marvel. If she says that she hasn't seen it and wants to watch it too, then you say oh cool, let's go together. Then mention that your schedules are different but it's cool that you love close by. And say, just let me know when you're free and we can go watch it together. That way, you have made the plan and expressed your interest, and not pressured her. you've left it in her court. If she's really interested in you, she will follow up and contact you about when she's free.

0|2
    0|0
  • No it's not needy at all. I do it.

(There are some women who will think its needy but they are immature prats)

0|0
    0|0
  • If she has problems with that you ask, your better of with someone that doesn't suffer from attitude problems no matter exuses.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong finding out what her interests or hobbies are to find a suitable dating locale and plan from there. However, I wouldn't recommend watching a movie on the 1st date, since movies defeats the purpose of getting to know that person (i. e., a movie place is not a place to chitchat).

I don't see a problem taking the initiative of asking the woman when her next free day is either. She'll find several excuses, time after time, if she's not interested. That's queue for you to look elsewhere.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

True but I didn't want to scare her away with eating out on the first "date". Plus the only restaurant I can get to on my bike is chilles unless I wait 4-5 weeks until I get my car but by that time I'm pretty sure she'll have lost interest if she hasn't already (I last saw her like 4 days ago, might not see her until Friday or Saturday if she works).

• Show All
    • 5d

... coworker was looking for you...

• 5d

All I am saying is don't let moments slip you by. Grab it by the nuts and go for what you strongly desire. You want her? Get her by any means necessary 🤣

• Not needy at all.. In fact I'm sure she will like it, if she likes you.. And you should be fine..

0|0
    0|0
  • You're asking for tips and tricks and techniques, but it's not about that. If you're good-looking, absolutely anything you do or say is the "right" technique. If you're not good-looking, then any technique you try will be the "wrong" technique.

Is it needy to ask a girl what day she's free to go out? How do I make plans with her?

A handsome guy can spit in a girl's face and she'll love it and go out with him, an ugly guy can give a girl flowers and it will disgust her and she'll be deeply offended that he would even THINK that that was okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow your gut instincts. Your initial judgement is almost always accurate

0|0
    0|0
  • How is that needy? Just go for it and ask her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it’s not needy :) x

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course It's okay to ask her

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't make a huge difference here so don't sweat it. But generally you're better off just putting something on the table for her to accept or not. If she can't because of her schedule you learn a lot about how interested she is in you. If she's in to you, she'll suggest another day to you (without you asking when she's free). If she's not interested, she'll just say "I can't make that day because of ___" and she won't counter offer.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes