Is it needy to ask a girl what day she's free to go out? How do I make plans with her?

So I'm trying to figure out how I can ask out the girl I work with that one of my coworkers told me was looking for me when I was off. I approached her at work last week and managed to have a decent conversation with her during our meeting. I found out what she's studying and I also found out that she lives near where I live.
I'm so glad you live nearby because I am so poor, let me tell you...
Anyways that's great because I'm still 3-4 weeks away from paying for off my car and getting the title and since she lives nearby I can meet her on my bike🚲.

The problem is our schedules are kinda different and we usually get split up at work. My plan is to ask her to see a movie with me (captain marvel) but I don't want to come as being needy for asking her what a good time would be for her.
Heard this movie was bad but I don't care. I'm getting hyped for ENDGAME!
I know the general rule amongst dating coaches is that you don't ask a girl what she wants to do but rather you make a plan and ask her if she wants to join you. I kinda don't want to mess this up so I'm treading carefully. Is it okay for me to ask her what day she's free to hang out? Thanks
5d
Thanks for all the responses but I still don't know why this is trending lol. Anyways yeah I just wanted to work out the logistics with her. We'll see how it goes!

1112