Do you prefer to date someone whom you have things in common with or the opposite from you?

Do you prefer to date someone whom you have things in common with or the opposite from you?

2|1

Most Helpful Girls

• i think either is good. someone with opposite interests to you gives you the chance to learn a lot and talk about new topics, and get to know something you’re not familiar with, which is great. on the other hand, having something in common with someone also allows you to talk about similar beliefs or interests, so that you can bond over them. i think both are equally as good or as important, and you shouldn’t reject or break up with someone just because you don’t have enough in common.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is a good question. As I've gotten older I've realized commonalities and friendship are extremely important in a lasting relationship

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Core values and beliefs must be the same. Nothing else really has to. And in terms of gender differences my values are opposite. Ie Man should be strong and protective therefore a woman can be physically much weaker and thats fine because that makes her better in other ways. Its complimentary.

1|1
    0|0
  • In common. Personal experience tells me opposites aren't a good match for me.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I prefer dating someone who have more things in common with me because at the end of the day, there will still be some things that aren't in common but if we have a lot in common, it makes us more compatible and we can do more fun things together that we both enjoy.

0|1
    0|0
  • The opposite. I've gained so many new interests from dating guys with different interest. The key is to be open to try new things when your partner is completely opposite to you. After a long time of dating you will have things in common and no longer be completely opposite. It's so boring to date someone who has same things in common with me. I want to show a guy my interests and he can show me his. In the end it will be ours interests and we will have that in common.

0|2
    0|0
  • Now a days, more with one i have thing in common with.

If i`m into metal, then she must at least be one that has a few metal bands she likes. She doesn't have to be a metalhead precisely, but she must easily be able to fit in and go with the flow you know lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe a few things in common but not too much. I don't want him to be lazy lol 😂 I need somebody to give me a push

0|1
    0|0
  • Prefer to have thing in common. What point if going for opposite is you not even attractive to them but before. I all I got with guys were all bad just because they did cheated. I dumped them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to do things with the person i'm with. If there's no common interests that would be a pretty boring empty relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • In common. Opposites don't get along unless it's minor stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • 50/50 for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • 50/50 both work well

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone i'm very compatible with.

0|1
    0|0
  • 50/50 I'd say.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer a mixture of both.

0|1
    0|0
  • I need to have similar interests.

0|1
    0|0
  • Things in common.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never go for the opposite, it always ends bad

0|1
    0|0
  • Done both. Things in common is way better

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating doesn’t exist anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • A bit of both. Core values in common, some hobbies too, but then our own separate hobbies etc are good too otherwise it'd get boring.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes