Is it bad that I hooked up with him on the first date?

Is it bad to hook up on the first date... we’ve been friends for a while but we both liked each other. We’re both 23 and older so it’s not like we’re into playing childish games. I wasn’t planning on hooking up it just kind of happened after we went on the date and I told him he could stay at my place for a while. We’re going on a second date this weekend. But is it bad that we hooked up?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Well here’s my take on this.

If a man likes you, he’s not going to give 2 $hits how fast you had sex with him. He wants you to be with him no matter what. If he doesn’t want a relationship then he’ll rationalize that as one of the reasons to not be with you. This in turn may make you feel bad. I read some comments about being easy etc. You need to ignore those because having sex in the first date will only deter a man that was not that into you to begin with.

In your situation he knows you and you already had some time of sexual tension. It’s a first date for both of you, but not a first encounter. I don’t think he will see you in a negative light at all and if he really likes you - he won’t care.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well he is down for a second date, I don’t think he regrets it and if you’re both adults and you’re aware that it was not meant to happen in the first place but you both had a strong desire, simply accept it and keep enjoying it dear.

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Yea we talk everyday and still have talked regular since without it feeling weird. Didn’t know I’d be slut shamed for it.

• 10 d ago

I think the guy might really like you then and might really appreciate what happened since he has maintained the same behavior. Don’t be worried, only way he would feel odd is if you bring it up and make that insecurity obvious.

Most Helpful Guys

• The things once happen not changed so don't worry about that because every person in this world did mistakes so in future do all activities with your mind not with your heart ♥ or physical fantasies so dear be practical and forget what happen in past just enjoy your future dates with happy 😊 mood

1|0
    0|0
  • It's only bad if YOU feel bad about it. Most people don't see this as an issue so I wouldn't worry about it.

2|3
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

I don’t feel bad about it!!! And okayy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not the worst situation I've heard of. Yes, it's OK.

2|2
    0|0
  • No just do what feels good. I hooked up with a guy after just meeting him for the first time. We dated for a really long time after.
    It's not like it automatically means it's bad to hook up on your first date. That's just what some people say, but if a guy really likes you, he will go further.

1|0
    0|1
  • imao you are setting the bar low, hon. he might assume you do that w every guy. if you really like each other, let the sexual tension be unattended. give it time and don't do that again. a first date needs to be gentle (and clean.)

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what he hopes to gain out of this relationship. If he’s happy with just being your hookup and not interested in actually dating, then it may have been a bit of a bad move. But if he does seem interested in dating, then there’s absolutely nothing wrong. It might be worth a chat with him just to figure out where you both stand on the idea of this relationship. Either way, good luck to both of you, hope everything works out

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be bad? You're both adults and both attracted to each other. My girlfriend and I had sex on the first date and the world still hasn't imploded as a result.

1|0
    0|1
  • Well not the worse thing but hopefully he think of others things besides wanting sex.
    Your adults you can do what you want. No one can say anything diffrent.
    But putting out or giving in can make you look slutty in some guys eyes.
    I hope he wants you more than sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not bad in any sort of way that everyone would have the same opinion about it. The only question is whether or not he thinks it's bad.
    I'll state the obvious: Some guys are judgmental and think that there are only two types of girls - good girls and sluts. And those guys often think that if a girl sleeps with him "too quickly" then that means she's a slut and he'll fuck her but not date her seriously. Which I think is messed up.
    So if your friend has this view and you want to date him, then it might keep him from trying for something more than friends with benefits.

2|1
    0|0
  • If you already knew each other and both like each other then why would it be bad? I mean, dates are to people to get to know each other but that is kinda of useless in this situation right?

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not, I mean if both wanted it and it felt right, I don't see a problem

1|1
    0|1
  • Not a good idea to hook up on the first date if you are planning on dating someone.

1|2
    0|0
  • If your looking for relationship I’d say yes if your just for sex then no.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. If he respects you any less because of it then move on. Otherwise if you enjoyed yourself and everything is going well why worry? Have fun on your second date:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its bad if its the first date (as in you just met him) but if you’ve been friends for a while and know him than thats different

0|1
    0|0
  • No it's fine. Maybe it will last, maybe not. That's the way it goes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all honey
    If you 2 feel good about it then what's the worry

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if it felt natural after that date then it’s fine. And you have a second date, so that’s great!

0|0
    0|1
  • No hopefully he should have the attitude that you really like each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • He could think you're easy but you're both adults , you live and learn.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I’m not easy.

• 10 d ago

Didn't say you were, but a guy can think that if you hook up as soon as the first date but it's already done so

• Its bad if you want a serious relationship.

1|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Well yea I would want an actual relationship in his case he does too.

• 10 d ago

If he wanted to be friends with benefits he had plenty of opportunity within the past 4 years

• No, of course not. Why would it be bad?

0|0
    0|1
    • 10 d ago

I was just wondering it’s not like I do it with everyone. Plus I knew him and he’s been to my place before and we did absolutely nothing

• 10 d ago

Even if you did with every guy there wouldn't be any issue. Don't worry about it. As long as you are confortable it's all good.
      Don't let what society might think or not of you affect the choices you make. It's YOUR life. Live it your way.

• Did you cum? No I wish more girls were that easy.

0|0
    1|0
    • 9 d ago

I’m not easy. And secondly yea when I rode his face.

• No. Whatever feels right.

2|1
    0|1
  • Well he now thinks you’re easy.

0|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Lol he asked me out so I guess not. It’s whatever we were friend beforehand

• Nah, it's not like you just met him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's bad to hook up on the first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not bad.

0|0
    0|1
  • Naw, a fuck is a fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so

0|1
    0|0
  • no thats completely ok

0|0
    1|1
  • No as long as mutual enjoyment

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy, when you have sex has no bearing on whether or not he will want a relationship,

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Well we’re close anyways and we both like each other

• 10 d ago

Nothing to worry about so

• Says "im a slut, I don't care about if you respect me or not"

0|2
    2|0
    • 10 d ago

I’m not a slut.

• 10 d ago