Is this guy not over his ex gf?

So i met this guy on dating app last week

He asked about my past relationships and so i told him
And he told me about his too

We talk about other stuff likes hobbies and making plans to go out and stuff
But sometimes he would bring stuff up like:

- first time we met he's like "yeah i met my ex on this app as well"

Few days before, we were talking about going movies and he said "yeah im quite busy so i dont go movies a lot... we can go though.. i haven't been to movies since with my ex gf"

Then today, we were talking about how im going overseas to New zealand.. then he's like "oh u staying with ur ex bf? I stayed there few years ago with my ex gf"

Lol wth?
Is he not over his ex girlfriend or just saying?
  • Yea seems like he's not over her
    Vote A
  • Nah it doesn't mean he's not over her
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's hard to say. How long ago did they break up? How long were they together?

When I went on dates with my current boyfriend, he mentioned his ex a few times, but she was his life for four years and they lived together. So obviously, most of his experiences involved her. He didn't enjoy talking about her but if the conversation lead to an experience, she got a mention. I did think it was weird and worried that he'd not moved on from her. Over time, we talked about it and I jokingly 'dared' him to not mention his ex and he stopped. We've been together for 4 months now and ex's almost never get mentioned unless it's relevant or we want to talk about the past. He's making a new life and new memories with me now.

It can definitely be a warning sign, but don't knock it just yet if you like the guy. The way he's mentioning it feels like how my boyfriend was mentioning it. If you can barely talk to him about anything else because he always talks extensively about her, then that's a problem. If he's literally just talking about his ex out of the blue/context and in a lot of detail about every aspect of her life, then that's probably a bad sign. But if it's in relation to something, such as "I haven't been to the cinema since I was with my ex", I feel like that's just a statement. Of course, it's not necessary to mention it, but it's not always a bad thing.

Ask him directly if he feels like he's moved on from his ex or had enough time before starting to date again. It's a fair question to ask and if they're not ready, it can really make them reflect on it, especially if someone's picked up on that feeling. I asked my boyfriend this and he reassured me that he wouldn't have begun dating me if he wasn't 100% ready to do so, he wouldn't have wanted to lead me on like that. Communicate with him. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • If he's constantly bringing her up like that, he's either not over her, or just terrible at flirting with women and dense as hell (possibly why things didn't work out between him and his ex, lol).

I suggest you back away from him either way; he sounds like he's not good boyfriend material

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Lol why do u think he's not good boyfriend material?

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, i wouldn't assume he isn't over her. just that he hasn't forgotten about good times he had with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It doesn't mean he's not over her. Its the fact that his last ex has stolen all the joy he had in dating, and everything you do is a reminder of her. That's what happens when you end up dating the wrong people. Just give him time to vent or just tell him to stop bringing her up. You need respect too. She needs respect as well. And he has to respect himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sad. I never talk about any of my exes. My wife was actually freaked out about it. She'd never come across a guy who simply never mentioned his exes. I asked her why the hell I'd ever want to bring any of them up.

Mind you, she still carries grudges from 20 years ago and her ex. But all women do that. They can't help it. Forgiveness and perspective aren't their strong suits.

0|0
    1|0
  • Once you really get into the relationship that is more of the time when you talk about past relationship because then it makes the date your on weird. It’s best to think about the present and not the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he misses the idea of his ex. I think he misses the closeness that he had with her. That's my guesd

0|0
    0|0
  • You talked about other things. Sounds like you are overthinking this. Just relax and meet him first. Tough to judge much just chatting online.

0|0
    0|0
  • He could be fully over her, pay attention to the way he says it. The tone and way he feels matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • lose the chump and find somebody else itll be less headaches and stress on your ass in the long run

0|0
    0|0
  • He is not over his girlfriend but he want to get over her with ur help n be with u

0|0
    0|0
  • He is not over her yet

0|0
    0|0
  • He isn't over his ex, move along.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds insecure to me

0|0
    0|0
  • He still has feelings for her

0|0
    0|0
  • he's said ex girlfriend 3 times, dump him gurlll

0|0
    0|0
  • Not over her

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • He still has feelings for her, it’s sad though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes