Should the guy pay for everything?

Over a month ago I started dating someone and we talked for 3 months prior & he is my absolute best friend. Although, recently my stepmom has been getting on my freaking nerves bc she has access to my bank account even though, I’m 18. She still controls my money & how much I spend. Well, she saw that I’ve spent money on a few times for him and I’m paying for my own ticket to go to a fair today & she got angry and told me that a man should pay for absolutely everything when going out & she told me she didn’t like him bc of the fact that he’s not paying for everything & she keeps putting him down over it again & again & it makes me furious bc I feel bad for relying off his money bc he works hard for it & sometimes I just want to do things for him. Should a man actually really PAY for everything? & is my boyfriend a bad boyfriend for not always paying like my stepmom says?
  • Yes a man should pay for everything
  • No a man shouldn’t pay for everything

810

Most Helpful Girl

• Your stepmom needs to chill out and back out of your life and finances!
    Last time I checked it was the 21st century and women are just as capable of paying and treating their men in a relationship! Just because she has that backwards mentality doesn't mean you have to follow it. Nowadays it's common for people in a relationship to split the costs, alternate who pays, or even pay their own way... shocking I know, lol.

It's your money and as long as you're spending it responsibly and earning it yourself, it's none of her business how you spend it!

Most Helpful Guys

• No I don't think a man should pay for everything, I mean there's doing sweet things like paying for the meal of a first date or buying you something because you want it but if you want to buy something for your guy just to do something nice then you should be able to. If a man paid for absolutely everything when involved with a woman then he'd never ever have any money to do anything else.

• Why should men be forced to pay for everything.. additionally you're 18.. take your money and open a new bank account at a different bank that she doesn't have access to, your finances are none of her business.. end of story..

Your mom is not a good person If she is still controlling you like that.