Should the guy pay for everything?

Over a month ago I started dating someone and we talked for 3 months prior & he is my absolute best friend. Although, recently my stepmom has been getting on my freaking nerves bc she has access to my bank account even though, I’m 18. She still controls my money & how much I spend. Well, she saw that I’ve spent money on a few times for him and I’m paying for my own ticket to go to a fair today & she got angry and told me that a man should pay for absolutely everything when going out & she told me she didn’t like him bc of the fact that he’s not paying for everything & she keeps putting him down over it again & again & it makes me furious bc I feel bad for relying off his money bc he works hard for it & sometimes I just want to do things for him. Should a man actually really PAY for everything? & is my boyfriend a bad boyfriend for not always paying like my stepmom says?
  • Yes a man should pay for everything
    Vote A
  • No a man shouldn’t pay for everything
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your stepmom needs to chill out and back out of your life and finances!
    Last time I checked it was the 21st century and women are just as capable of paying and treating their men in a relationship! Just because she has that backwards mentality doesn't mean you have to follow it. Nowadays it's common for people in a relationship to split the costs, alternate who pays, or even pay their own way... shocking I know, lol.

It's your money and as long as you're spending it responsibly and earning it yourself, it's none of her business how you spend it!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No I don't think a man should pay for everything, I mean there's doing sweet things like paying for the meal of a first date or buying you something because you want it but if you want to buy something for your guy just to do something nice then you should be able to. If a man paid for absolutely everything when involved with a woman then he'd never ever have any money to do anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why should men be forced to pay for everything.. additionally you're 18.. take your money and open a new bank account at a different bank that she doesn't have access to, your finances are none of her business.. end of story..

Your mom is not a good person If she is still controlling you like that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No, a guy should not always pay for everything. Your stepmom is wrong and too damn nosy.

0|0
    0|0
  • A man should pay for all necessities within a marriage, as commanded in the Bible. There's no instruction on this matter in regards to non-marital relationships, but it's a good idea for a man to demonstrate his ability to provide, just as the woman should demonstrate her qualities that would make her a good guide of the home.

0|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

Okay but what if they're not christian?

• Show All
    • 9 d ago

@yeeeeeeeet well the Bible commands are about marriage, not premarital relationships. However I bet they're sinning by committing fornication (premarital sex) in those relationships too. There are all sorts of things wrong with modern relationships

• 9 d ago

Well I'm saying that they're religious in name only. If they don't care about sinning it kinda takes the power out of the word sin. In that case it really shouldn't be on the man to pay for everything. Outside the context of the Bible, it seems pretty selfish that a woman would expect the man to pay for everything.

• I think it's a matter of who has the ability to pay and doesn't get taken advantage of because of it. Man or woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask her why she feels that way. What’s her experience with men in her past, is this a reaction to a bad experience? What’s her fear if you pay?

0|0
    0|0
  • If possible, I think it's best to take turns paying 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. We're both grown up individuals and burdening it on one partner doesn't seem justice to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We don't owe you anything. We share.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have to ask, I worry for your boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel sorry for your dad

0|0
    0|0
  • Your stepmom is a nutcase.

That is all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely not. 🖤

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you are not his housewife.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a man should pay for everything

0|0
    0|0
  • No a man shouldn’t pay for everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Your stepmom is clearly a gold digger. You'd be best to get away from her and never listen to her advice

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes