Why has he suddenly gone off me?

I started speaking to a guy I met on tinder 3 weeks, we met up last week and he was messaging me non stop until last night he’s suddenly not talking as much but he’s been online most of the day. Should I be worried? I feel like asking if everything is okay?

21

21
  • It sounds like he lost interest or found someone else... or, I'll be optimistic for a moment, and assume maybe he's busy or distracted.

Send him a message saying hey and just he upfront- tell him you've noticed he seems off and ask him if he's okay.
    Or if that's too forward for you, ask him if/when he wants to meet up again: see what he says.
    If he's vague or gives you excuses? He's over you.

• He is probably spending more time messaging someone else. Don’t ask if everything is ok.

• 7 d ago

Should I just ignore him back? We spoke about our dating expectations last week, and the topic of messaging came up we both agreed it’s rude to ignore someone who is messaging you and that he’d always let them know if he’s busy if he couldn’t reply. He also said if he wasn’t feeling it or not into me anymore he’d tell me but he said I wasn’t to worry about that as he likes me.

• 7 d ago

He is messaging me back however he’s taking hours each time, and he’s been online between his messages.. I just don’t want played and it feels like he might be.

• 7 d ago

Him playing you has yet to be seen. You have plans for at least 2 more dates, so that’s good news. Remember you are still dating so he is allowed to talk to other girls; that’s not against the rules.

While I understand you want more consistent texts and messaging just remember he does have things to do and is still developing feelings for you. Personally as a guy I am not big on chatting much between dates when I first meet someone, would prefer to slowly ramp up communication as we get to know each other. Time apart is just as important as being connected in the beginning.

So while I know you two agreed to daily texting, be careful not to overreact to changes in frequency right now. It may come off as desperate or like you have trust issues. Instead if he hasn’t responded back, focus on doing something else.

• Not interested