Have you ever pretended to be someone you're not so someone can like you/date you?

0|4

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m still pretending! Because I actually have no idea who I am... I don’t know my favourite colour... I don’t know my favourite meal... it changes with who I am with and that’s not to please the other person... it’s because I have no idea what I like. I think if anyone out there knows genuinely who they are then I want to meet them and ask them simple questions that I struggle to answer! I’m totally done with who I am but this question is possibly ‘the’ question that I can’t answer! And that is me not pretending! Wow... I’m stumped with how to answer this!

1|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

I struggled with that as well. My boyfriend, and a friend of mine taught me that it's okay. You don't need all the answers. You can like 10 different colors, without liking any specific color the most. You don't need a favorite movie, as there are so many you can like for different reasons that it's hard to call one your favorite. You don't need any favorites. Just learn to decide if you like something, or you don't like it.

• 3 d ago

@justsomeperson2u You don't need to know, or define it, ever. That's one of the reasons I like shopping with the one I am with, at the time! They 'try on' different things, and looks, and imagine themselves as the person that would wear something maybe they never tried.
      My guy friends always give me sht for it, but some of those times can be really great, seeing other sides, ways to see her, trying different looks and clothes.
      Yeah, maybe you change what you like, year to year, finding different ideas, different things you like. I think life is about finding out who 'YOU' are and not letting anyone else tell you what you 'should' be, or 'should do'!

• Nope. I am the way I am. Imperfections make life more fun.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think a lot of people has done this. Then once they really get to know the other person they realize how fake they are.

I think it's better and easier to just be yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i sometimes do this to blend in but would never take it too far but using it to get a date. You will know the true me if i felt comfortable talking to you only.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have never done that. I don't mind hiding things from friends like my age or my finances but I don't lie to guys I want to date or plan on dating. The first thing I did before I started dating my ex was reveal my age - cause I look like I'm 19 years old but I did not want to lie about my age so I told him I'm 33.

1|2
    0|0
  • Definitely not. I am not a good actor anyway.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, I have never done that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have a do it from time to time but...

... but for the opposite reason. I do it to get out of situations because guys ask for a date or try to hit on me. It is becoming a plague never to be left alone and some guys have a hard time withe word "no"

1|0
    0|0
  • I did when I was a lot younger once. I was like head over heels for this girl, but like we couldn’t really relate over much so I pretended to love her pop and edm music. Yikes. Nothing against it, it’s just not for me. But yeah never again, it really sucked pretending to be something and like something just because I wanted her to like me. Be yourselves everyone!!

1|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty much mandatory in dating. Hide all your flaws. Pretend to be perfect. Hide your crazy, so they don't see and so they think you're something better than you actually are. Everyone does it. Everyone on here is pretending about not pretending. It's really ironic. But I bet if they have a dating app profile, you'll only see them in the best possible light they could ever be viewed in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately no. I've often said i think my honesty costs me. You ask me a question i'm either going to answer honestly or not at all. My attitude is lies is no way to start any relationship. You're going to have to tell the truth at some point. Might as well make it from the start.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did that once - but not with the intention to get the girl. It was a test of how much 'well known' bullshit we can talk until our cover is blown. I met her again a few weeks later when she popped up at my friend's party. She threw a glass at me - and since then we were good buddies.

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's pointless you don't want to start any relationship with lies because it's not going to end well

1|0
    0|0
  • No but i've had many who did that to me and can smell them from a mile away and they wonder why I blank them afterwards or don't pursue a relationship. A relationship with a fake person is setting yourself up for failure.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never felt the need to do that.
    If I'm not someone they want to be with, then they probably aren't someone who I want to be with.
    Compatibility is a mutual thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no that's just deceitful shit and sooner or later your bottom bitch will find out and leave your good for nothing ass and if you play those type of mind games then your ass ain't ready to be in no relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Why? Women know, and see guy's BS, so why bother?

1|0
    0|0
  • No. But some people have so little self esteem that they always a fake being whatever they think you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I am who I am. You get what you see. If you don’t like it, I can just move on. Unfortunately a lot of simps (men and female) fall for the trap of being someone that they are not just to please someone. It’s pathetic.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've tried to get people to like me when making friends. People don't like me when I'm myself. People don't like me when I try to be someone else. Oh well

1|0
    0|0
  • yes and no. i try to pretend i'm happy, which i am at the time, but my anxiety pushes through showing a different person completely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope , i couldnt love. someone if i had to pretend to be someone i am not cuz right there that would tell me that I dont. love myself , so how could i love someone if i dont even love myself?

1|0
    0|0
  • Im like a social chameleon, i can gage the guys im interested in and act accordingly.

But i do this with friends as well🙈

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I haven't pretended to be an actual someone else. But I do choose my words and vibe depending on the audience.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, he didn’t mind me at all. But we broke up and I think he regretted that he dated me cuz of my weirdness. Well I regretted dating him more😂

1|1
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Hey just be uerself don't let no one change who you are if they do they don't love who you really are

• 21 h ago

Hey just be uerself

• its pointless. Once you got what you wanted they'll see the real you. its pointless

2|1
    0|0
  • no, i'm a total fucking dumbass when i am myself, so why would i hide that?
    i'm a dumbass in the funny but sometimes obnoxious way.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't want to be with someone unless they liked me for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • no.. i just have a habit with not knowing who iam, i am easily swayed by others outlooks.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my view that would be pointless. A relationship that starts with deceit is very unlikely to survive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven’t everyone done that I figured that’s a part of growing up and accepting yourself for what there is

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. Lots of guys lose interest once they get to know me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes to a degree. Anybody that says no it's so full of shit.

1|1
    1|0
  • I haven't pretended to be someone else, but I've lied about quite a few things so certain people would like me. I'll regret it forever.

1|0
    0|0
  • To a certain extent. Minor things. You dont get my full weirdness until I'm comfortable with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, cuz lies will just come back to bite your ass later

1|0
    0|0
  • Did it once, when I was a conformist
    And I'm ashamed of myself

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I've only ever allowed people to build upon their false impressions

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. If they don't like who I actually am, then it's not worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya it’s super easy to get laid when u say ur a doctor or lawyer 😎😂

1|0
    0|0
  • no but had to pretend a friend had a diffrent name around agirl he dint want knowing his real name

1|0
    0|0
  • l am always up front l always tell the truth and l tell then l always carry handcuffs lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's dumb because that person will be attracted to the fake image you created, not to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone really loved you they'd love you for your percnality is everyone ok

1|0
    0|0
  • Women do pretend to be someone their not more often than men.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is basically how to get girls. We must pretend to be something we’re not.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because then you attract the wrong guy

2|1
    0|0
  • I occasionally pretend to be normal

2|0
    0|0
  • Never done it before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, not proud but I did that a long time ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I never will, and I'm a terrible liar

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah that’s too difficult I rather by myself

2|0
    0|0
  • Uh nope

1|0
    0|0
Show More