Have you ever pretended to be someone you're not so someone can like you/date you?

3147

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m still pretending! Because I actually have no idea who I am... I don’t know my favourite colour... I don’t know my favourite meal... it changes with who I am with and that’s not to please the other person... it’s because I have no idea what I like. I think if anyone out there knows genuinely who they are then I want to meet them and ask them simple questions that I struggle to answer! I’m totally done with who I am but this question is possibly ‘the’ question that I can’t answer! And that is me not pretending! Wow... I’m stumped with how to answer this!

• 3 d ago

I struggled with that as well. My boyfriend, and a friend of mine taught me that it's okay. You don't need all the answers. You can like 10 different colors, without liking any specific color the most. You don't need a favorite movie, as there are so many you can like for different reasons that it's hard to call one your favorite. You don't need any favorites. Just learn to decide if you like something, or you don't like it.

• 3 d ago

@justsomeperson2u You don't need to know, or define it, ever. That's one of the reasons I like shopping with the one I am with, at the time! They 'try on' different things, and looks, and imagine themselves as the person that would wear something maybe they never tried.
      My guy friends always give me sht for it, but some of those times can be really great, seeing other sides, ways to see her, trying different looks and clothes.
      Yeah, maybe you change what you like, year to year, finding different ideas, different things you like. I think life is about finding out who 'YOU' are and not letting anyone else tell you what you 'should' be, or 'should do'!

• Nope. I am the way I am. Imperfections make life more fun.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think a lot of people has done this. Then once they really get to know the other person they realize how fake they are.

I think it's better and easier to just be yourself.

• Yeah i sometimes do this to blend in but would never take it too far but using it to get a date. You will know the true me if i felt comfortable talking to you only.