Why am I so afraid to talk to this girl, and how do I go about doing it?

So I'm very insecure, to the point where I don't want to tell someone I'm attracted to them because I feel like it will ruin their day to know that I am into them, but the thing is my biggest insecurity according to all my friends isn't even true, and it's not like I ask them, it just happens in regular conversation about me and how I'm not like that. Not only this but I know I'm a likable person because when my friends and other people see me they get exited and greet me, but when other people show up it's less exaggerated if it even happens at all before they join in the conversation. I even see her look at me from time to time, maybe just because I'm looking her way but I can't tell if it's a good look or a "I can't look away even though I'm grossed out" look because the expression is pretty neutral. I also don't even know how I would talk to her, how long I need to spend in the friend zone before I confess how I feel, or if I even got to that point how I would do that. Any advice for better confidence and what to do?

11