Is this age gap too big?

​22(grad student) dating 37 y. o.(divorcedfinancial advisor) for 3 months. He’s introduced me to his close partners, friends, even his son. We go on “day trips”+ dates (no sex) How to get him to commit?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's perfectly fine.

He may not be ready to commit, period. Guys feel burned after divorces.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

Why would he want to introduce me to all these people if he wasn't serious though, ya know?

• Yes it is.
    He has lived his youth life, soon he will loose interest in many things and fun.
    But you are still young, marrying him would bring regrets. You will not be able to live a life you wanted coz he is already way ahead.
    And its common for older men to introduce to their family members.
    Find a better person for yourself.
    You deserve better.
    Even for just dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can’t make anybody commit.

It has to be their choice and if they’re not ready to commit then you might get hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not too big. But the no sex thing is usually a deal breaker for guys my age..

0|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

Not for me.

• 1 d ago

@es20490446e you're not my age :-P

It's just more to do with maturity. Sex is not magic. There is no reason not to have it with someone you intend to be serious about. People who assume otherwise have an immature outlook on sex that we all know they'll eventually grow out of (unless they are stubborn about it), and it is that immaturity that is the sole reason any guy my age would be turned off by the age of the asker.

• 4 h ago

That's actually right.

• You can't make anyone commit. The decision has to be mutual.

0|0
    0|0
  • "How would you like our relationship to be like if you could choose?"

0|0
    0|0
  • No problem, it's not a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... Yeah it really is. Don't get me wrong, I know you probably are really attracted to him but you guys are in two totally different times of your life. He has already started his life... he's good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes