4 mo

girlfriend gets reluctant to meet in person, probably relationship phobia plus past experience and cultural issues are into play?

So I met my girlfriend some 8 months ago, we talked a lot over whatsapp and we really hit it off and soon after I confessed my feelings for her. While she was quite interested in me, their was a certain degree of reluctance to her. Like she would often go cold over me (not reciprocate to me flirting with her and making eye roll emojis or sometimes ignoring the romantic messages and replying to the rest) on chat and cancel almost all of my plans to meet in person.
I did discuss this with her in great length and even she was aware of her reluctance and said that previously her boyfriend of 7 years cheated on her and that really broke her. After that she had been afraid of relationships and afraid of getting spotted in public with a guy. At this point I must tell that I am from India and the women here as opposed to western countries are pretty reserved nature wise. Even then so she was earlier comfortable of casually meeting her ex, but after that episode, she has become very reluctant to meet and commit. And almost never meets me.
So while we chat a lot, she initiates convos too, shows interest in me and sometimes gets mad at me too when I don't text her for a long time. So that makes me feel that she is definitely interested still. But at the same time even though we've chatted about literally everything (and sexted too), I feel that my relationship with her is getting stagnated.
Neither her nor me now have any clue as to how to overcome her reluctance and bring back the true her.
I really like this girl and would want to end up with her, so I don't want to break up with her. But can any of you fine people give me pointers on how to make her overcome her reluctance and be free with me on chat and start meeting me in person more frequently. Essentially take our relationship to the next level. I am willing to put in the efforts required, but do tell me if this can pan out and work. If it can't absolutely then I'd have no choice but to end it! :(
1
2