3 mo

Sudden End in Flirting/Messaging/Hanging Out; What happened Enquiry? (More Information Available- cut 100 words)?

I had been talking to a (now former colleague) on mine on and off in a casual way since New Years Day but four months ago we started talking every day... a streak that has continued to this present moment. Typically we’d talk about our interests, our lives, ask how each other is, laugh and joke (which many who have seen the messages have interpreted as flirting). We’d like each other’s messages and interact publicly on social media on a regular if not daily occurrence, meeting up a few times. The final time we have hung out at was at the end of May, going to Harry Potter Studios, doing many “couple-like” things there and then hanging out at mine, a day which many have said was a date with neither of us thinking of it as such. In the days after the flirting messages continued, with being a bit more cute and actively trying attempting to organise our next hang out (with more romantic ideas being suggested than usual). She had never had a close Male friend yet alone a Romantic partner in her 21 years and was against the idea of socialising with workmates so for any of this to happen was a big surprise to most who knew her.

But days later while on the final day of a holiday with her best friend of many years everything came to an abrupt halt without any conflict or disagreement. The messaging quickly dried up with shorter messages, longer times to respond and on some days barely two messages and attempts to meet up were rejected, often last minute and more recently started to mute some of my social media stories.

Neither of us had ever confessed feelings to the other and never really thought of each other as dating/romantic partners out in the open. Screenshots of texts around and a photo taken (of how she looked at me/felt seeing me at that final meet up have led people to believe she had developed feelings for me which with her inexperience of such and moving on from work either scared or hurt her in some way (Photo attached).

1
0