3 mo

Is it understandable to need proof that someone won't do something they have done multiple times before?

I won't get into details because that is a whole other world of questions that I already know the answers too and ignored.
My biyfriend, or ex boyfriend I should say have been trying to work out our disagreements... He has done something in the past that totally broke my heart, he did it knowingly, and he lied about it every time until I found out on my own. He feels that he was not in the wrong. I completely disagree, regardless - it hurt and I have no trust for him.. I told him. if we are going to work out I need to be able to trust him, and I can only do so much on my end to bring that trust back. He doesn't agree. He doesn't think he should prove anything to me. he thinks I'm trying to control him by asking to see proof that he isn't doing what he has done so many times before. I told him the truth, I don't want any control over him, I just don't want to be wih someone I can't trust, I don't want to constantly fear getting hurt like I did again, I don't want to be that girl just forgives and forgets wrongs that were never righted.. and I feel if you love someone why would you withhold proof of that?
3
1