3 mo

I think one of my friends likes me but I like their best friend. How should I let him down?

+5Xper
I’ve been friends with these two guys for five plus years and they think I’m oblivious to most things. I’ve know the guy friend longer than the best friend. Recently we had met up with a group of friend and while I was ordering food the two left me and other friends to talk somewhere else and came back later and thinking I could not hear them whispering behind me, the guy I like whispered “just ask her out already” to the other guy. I don’t wanna believe that this is legit seeing as recently this always comes up and I thought it was just a joke but I think that’s just me being scared that one day he’ll actually asked out and I’d have to say that I like his best friend and he knows my history with his best friend. For a quick explanation, his best friend had a crush on me back when we first met and it was actually my guy friend who introduced us to each other. I like the best friend back and we hit it off but then some things didn’t work out between me and the best friend. We some how stayed friend after not talking to each other (mostly not talking on my side). Two years after the best friend moved on and dated others and I’m acting like I’ve moved on and didn’t care. Now we’re at a spot where non of the three of us are dating anyone and the best friend is push my guy friend into dating someone which I’m afraid is me from all of the dropped hints at me (which I’m pretending to not notice) and the only thing on my mind is how to turn him down. And if it comes down to it I’m also thinking of how to confess my feeling to the best friend since I’ve never really told him my own feelings for him after he ask me to be his girlfriend and decided back then that not to talk to him afterwards would lessen my guilt of not saying yes. Honestly the whole situation scares me because I’m close friends with these two and I don’t want to loose this friendship. How should I approach the situations when the guy friend ask me out?
1
1