3 mo

Is cognitive behavioral therapy effective in letting go of previous rejections?

Some people have recommended it and I was curious cause I still think about the pain and hurt I felt. I’m a guy who puts his everything into stuff and unfortunately I made that mistake with this particular girl. She told me about all the abusive relationships she was in and how she was tired of being hurt and I wanted to show her something different I wanted to show her how a real man would treat her and at the end of the day I ended up hurt. I really haven’t been able to really trust women since because even before this occurred I was really shy and introverted. It took everything in my body to tell this girl I liked her cause she was really attractive and I was really afraid. We would talk all the time at work about different things and she always had the cutest smile. A couple times when we talked on the phone she was telling me about how her then boyfriend was mistreating her being verbally abusive and threatening to be physically abusive she was scared of him and did anything he wanted. This hurt my heart I felt she was special and deserved so much more. Twice she came over to my house and said she felt it was meant for me to be in my life while curled up next to me with her head on my shoulder then two days later she goes I wouldn’t date you if you were the last guy on earth she then wanted told me about her sexual fantasies for another guy at work who bragged about mistreating women. I was crushed so I did my best to avoid her at work but she wouldn’t let it happen she would come up and go why are you talking to me and I’m not gonna leave you alone until you talk to me. So I’m already hurting emotionally so I give in and she reports me for harassment. She later goes on to tell everyone in the store I was obsessed while also making sure she rubbed it in my face when she became official with the new guy.
3 mo
Sorry I know it’s a lot of reading
3 mo
Any insight?
1
0