3 mo

Would you consider a (skin) disease a ‘burden’ within a relationship?

Hi,

My name is Eva and I am 19 years old.
I am a very social and (mostly) happy girl, except for when I don’t wear makeup.

You see, I have a skin disease and it makes me feel insecure. That’s why I prefer wearing makeup, so my spots are not as noticeable and it makes me feel more relaxed.

The horrible thing about this disease is that as you grow older the disease will gradually become worse. Knowing that this will probably happen to me is terrifying and to be honest it makes me feel quite depressed.

In order to (temporarily) remove the spots in my face I have to get a painful treatment done almost every year. After the treatment I can’t drink any hot drinkes, I can’t take hot showers, I can’t eat any spicy food and I have to stay out of the sun for 2 months (plus always wear sunscreen).

It’s quite a lot; the disease, the treatmens and my negative feelings caused by all of this.

My question is; would you be willing to be in a relationship with someone who goes through this or would you consider this a burden?

p. s. English is not my first language, sorry 😅
0
1