3 mo

Should I message her or just let it go?

I talked to this girl for about 2 weeks before we could meet up. Once we did meet up we pretty much immediately hooked up. For a bunch of reasons I realized it wasn’t going to work out between us, between work suddenly getting chaotic and just not feeling that connection I thought I was going to feel. I wanted it to work out, but I just realized it wasn’t a good fit for me. We texted for a couple of days after, but I was pretty distant, it didn’t help that I was spending a lot more time at work.

We both started texting less and less, she sent me a message yesterday and I didn’t respond because I was busy and I forgot until really late in the day. Should I respond, (I wouldn’t drag it out) or should I just let it go? In my experience, if someone slow fades on me I know what is happening and it hurts worse for me if someone rips off the bandaid and just says they aren’t interested. I feel really bad because she was really sweet and kind, but I also feel like driving that nail home would be worse. I’ve been on the receiving end of both slow fades and break ups, and the slow fade I’ve handled better than sudden breaks (as long as the other person wasn’t playing games). But what are your thoughts?
Should I message her or just let it go?
1
1