3 mo

The guy I’ve been seeing says we’re exclusive and calls me his girl but won’t ask me to be his girlfriend?

I’ve been seeing this guy for about 8 months now. We met through work and started casually hooking up, but over time we started liking each other and have progressed a lot within the past few months. He tells me all the time that I’m so special, that I’m amazing, that he’s never felt this way about anyone else, etc. We have a great sex life, we even lived together for a short time until his new lease started. He is my best friend, we’ve very close and we talk all the time. He even told my best friend that he loves me. However, I’ve been thinking of the fact that he still hasn’t asked me out. So, I brought it up to him and asked what we were cause I’m sick of wondering. He said he doesn’t see himself as single (were exclusive) and that i already call him my boyfriend so we basically are, BUT “I guess I just haven’t made the bf/gf part official” and then he said NOTHING else. So he basically said that we’re exclusive but not bf/gf. I don’t understand why. He literally acts like he’s in love with me, just the way he looks at me, the way he acts, and he even calls me his girl to everyone. I’ve met his ENTIRE family and we see each other all the time. I didn’t want to push him so I just dropped it but it’s bothering me. Why won’t he ask me if we act like we’re together and he says we’re exclusive? Does he not feel as strongly as I thought?
4
1