3 mo

Should I message him or did he clearly lose interest?

Guy i was interested in got deployed, we dated for a few months but because of the deployment we both agreed we shouldn't take it too serious. After he left I reached out 2-3 times and we had decent conversation that made me think he was still interested. He said things like "When I come back we can do..." and flirty things. However after that he hasn't reached out to me at all for 2 months.
People say "If he/she wanted to he would", and if the person isn't showing effort then just fall back. Taking a step back and waiting for him to initiate something was what I've been doing and that led to no contact for 2 months now. He's active on social media, liking my posts and watching my snaps but never says anything to me. However, what if he's thinking the same thing, what if he's also sitting there waiting and wanting me to initiate. I was thinking of just going for it and maybe just commenting on his next IG story or post, but he never posts anything.
2
3