3 mo

My boyfriend of 6 years is complaining about paying for my food, when I’ve always been the one to pay for dates, give him money, etc?

My boyfriend just recently got a job that pays $17 an hour.. I’ve usually been the one with the job, and for the past year, he’s asked for money from me to help him out while he was in college, so I’d give him $200-more whenever I spent time with him, PLUS on top of that, we’d go on dates, i’d Pay, even on my own birthday he made me pay because he didn’t have a job.. now that he has a job, and makes more then me, I’ve been trying to save my money for an apartment, so whenever I spend time with him, I don’t bring more then $40 because he has his own money now so why would I need more? Anyways, last night we went to eat, I’ve been staying the night with my boyfriend for the past 3 days by the way and have already used my money... but we went to eat last night, and he was complaining about spending $7.00 on my meal.. now I feel like I can’t even ask my boyfriend for anything if I ever do need it which I don’t ask for much as it is.. I don’t even let him spend money on me to really buy gifts.. but my feelings are hurt that he’d complain.. what do I do? My plan is to just not let him ever pay again.. even though for the past year I’ve willingly given him money that I needed and paid for dates, etc...
0
2