3 mo

How to get in touch with a guy I rejected years ago?

Actually, I rejected him twice. I know, it's bad! It's horrible! And I know that any sane person would never want to see me again, I know that.
Long story short, first time wasn't really a rejection; I knew him from some mutual friends and he added me on facebook and started chatting with me there. I didn't think much of it, just a chat here and there, he wasn't really hitting on me, I think he was just interested in my life story. I kind of enjoyed it because I was going through a rough time with my boyfriend (now ex) who I've been with for 6 years. I knew we were heading for a breakup, but I wasn't interested in dating anyone else. This guy just seemed like a good companion for interesting conversations, to get my mind off love drama. He knew I had a boyfriend so I guess that's why he didn't ask me out. But it started heating up a bit at one point and I just stopped responding to him, because no matter the state of my relationship, I saw it as cheating.
So months go by and my ex and I breakup. I was devastated and, to be honest, I just wanted to let all the rage out, just wanted to get freaky and fuck every single guy I find attractive. And I remember this guy. So I hit him on on messenger and we start chatting again, but this time is all about sex. I was heavily flirting with him and told him directly that I want to have sex with him. But I made a mistake by not making it clear that I don't want a relationship. I guess he was hoping for more. So he came to my place and we fuck like animals. It was awesome, but as soon as it was over, I felt gross and sad and regretted it right away. Not because of him, but because of my ex. I was obviously not over him. So he left and the next day he wanted us to hangout again, suggested some nice dates, was really nice to me and all, which made everything worse. So I told him it was just sex and that I don't want to see him again. He says okay (a bit bitter) and we never talked again.
It's been 5 years since then.
3 mo
It took me almost 3 years to fully get over my ex. And I truly believe that it was just a bad timing, because I really did like him, everything about him. All these years he was subconsciously lurking in the back of my mind, but I never had guts to reach out to him again because I felt guilty. Now I really wanna try again. How should I do this? What is a good conversation opener?
1
1