3 mo

If you're at the same party as the guy you're dating (but haven't defined the relationship), what do you tell people if they ask what you two are?

We've been dating for about 1.5 months and haven't explicitly defined the relationship even though we aren't seeing other people, sleeping with other people, or using dating apps.

We found out that we're both going to the same friend party and I know that our friends sense something has been going on between us; they will ask what we are and I won't know how to respond. What do I say that is neutral and keeps the door open for other guys that are interested?

A "We hang out."
B "You should ask him what we are."
C "We're dating."
D Other
Also, since we aren't going to the party together and aren't exclusive, I should have freedom to flirt with other guys at the party? Or is that in poor taste? I only want to date this guy but I don't want to be taken for granted either. What are the expectations? How do I play this to my advantage?
1
1