2 mo

Girls, I sent her this text after she started pulling away. Was it too much? And how would you react to getting a text like this from a guy?

Just to give you some background. She came out of a relationship a few months ago and we've gotten closer ever since. We've been talking every day for the past 6 months and I've got to know her and like her. For some reason the past 2 weeks she's not quite been the same. Keeps apologizing for responding late or even the next day and she's pulled away slightly. I thought it might be a good time to give her space, so I sent her this.

Hey, I thought it might be good to give you some space whilst you let the dust settle. I know we've been talking a lot over the past few months and quite naturally that's made me excited about hearing from you and maybe even spending time with you doing different stuff, even just as friends. I know you've got a lot of changes happening in your life right now and maybe bigger ones coming and can't be looking at anything serious atm. I'm aware of that. And even though anytime I get to speak to you on the phone or the simplest text from you puts a smile on my face, I dont want you to feel any pressure that you need to speak to me everyday, or feel bad for not responding. I really don't want you to feel smothered or pressured into doing anything with me. I really really don't so I thought I'd just give you some space. I know your work is important to you so we can always talk when you can or you can make time. My door is always open to Claire, because quite simply you're a one off and a real 4 leaf clover. You're not like other girls.

I'm on the plane now. On my way home, had my speech earlier in front of everyone and it went amazingly well. They recorded it, so I'll share it with you when I get it. Have a great weekend, hopefully you can get a break from the grind and enjoy your little sister's party 😊.
1