2 mo

Guys, Was it wrong of me to tell him something would make me really happy?

The guy I’m seeing brought up my roommate’s birthday dinner which I had mentioned last week. We had talked about it and he’s helping his mom pack up her apartment this weekend so I figured he wouldn’t be back in town on time.

Well, yesterday he nonchalantly brought up possibly making it back into the city before the dinner. I joked around with him about it to make it no big deal but this morning I texted him this.

“I know I was teasing you when you brought up maybe making it to Alison’s birthday party on Saturday, but it would make me really happy if you did :) (just so you know)”

He responded with, “You know I’m going to try.”

Which I in turn, “Oh I know lol. I totally understand if timing doesn’t work out too. I just wanted to tell you.”

Was it wrong of me to tell him? I wasn’t trying to pressure him but he’s the one that brought it up in the first place and it would really make me happy if he was there.
5