2 mo

Why do guys run when a girl won’t have sex with them without commitment?

I get first dates but when I mention I don’t sleep with a guy without being in a relationship then they run. Last guy I spoke to was nice and we had fun, but a week afterwards he said he wasn’t sure he wanted to see me. I asked why and he said it’s because I haven’t had sex in 2 years so I must not have a sexual drive. I told him I do, but I just don’t sleep with someone who isn’t my boyfriend because it’s not as special and I want to give it to someone I feel deserves it, not just any random dude on the street.

But he said that was weird. And he’s not the first guy to say it. We get along fine but then when it comes to the sex thing, apparently my standard is too high? I’m not ugly, I’m educated, smart, no kids, and I don’t dress provocatively or anything. I’m a teacher so it’s not like I send off the ‘I’m a stupid hoe’ vibe so what’s the problem? Is waiting for a relationship really that undervalued by a lot of men these days?
7
1