2 mo

Should I stay or leave?

My boyfriend is 18 and I am 17 years old. I don't know how else to explain the situation i'm in, but I am going to try. We have been together for 3 years, and a lot has changed. I want to study to become an engineer, and he isn't quite sure what he wants to do. Recently, I have been really into my faith as a Christian and I want to dive further into it, and my boyfriend, who was baptized Catholic, says he is an Atheist. I usually wouldn't find this to be a big deal, but recently, for some reason, deep down it has been. He also tends to go to different extremes. When we discuss our future together, he tells me he want's to monitor my spending to make sure I don't go into debt. He also wants to buy a home right after I graduate. I'm not so sure I want to do that and live with someone right away.. much less buy a home with a man I am not married too. After college, I planned getting a job (hopefully I have one lined up), and then moving closer to that occupation. During the 6 furlough period, I wanted to save some money I made so that when it is time for me to start making payments, I can make a big dent in it. I wanted to rent for a little and save for a nice home (100-200k). My boyfriend says this is unreasonable and too nice. He says I don't need expensive things and he doesn't know who I am trying to impress. He has a template almost of when I am able to purchase the things I want. I wanted to get a jeep after college, and he says I shouldn't do that because I should pay my loans and house off first... I don't really want a house yet though. I am not sure what to do because I am not happy going to sleep knowing that if I marry him, this is the life I could live. The thing that is holding me back is guilt... if I leave him he won't have anything. I helped him pass classes and such. He asks me if I am gonna leave him if he makes less than me. I said no. I just get sad sometimes because he can be sweet and we have had so many great memories together.
Should I stay or leave?
Add Opinion